• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Now that I've had beer I can be honest with you...

lancew

Have bike, will travel
... have you noticed that Speed Channel is little more than one big friggin' infomercial? I don't mind when "Corbin's Ride On" is sponsored by Corbin and features Corbin products... but when TWT (a shadow of its former self) and the other 'original' shows start featuring and blatantly sucking up to their advertisers... ah, never mind... ignore this post, please. Sorry.

And

if that were not enough, around these parts you have to pay extra for the speed channel now.
What a de-luxe premium.

I just watch the WSB and motoGP races. I might pay attention to the AMA superbike races this year too....

Other than that, I don't really watch it.

How about.....

I have Dish Network's dual channel feed PVR. I recorded the Boxer Cup Bash at Daytona.

Speed gets the nod on a few shows. Butt only if you record them first and then blip thru the commercials. Good news is, when you watch that way, an hour show ends up at about 21 minutes.

Now when I watch that Thunder show....I think "American Thunder" or something like that....The hostess gets blipped everty time. Unless I want a huge laff. Or need to get riled up enough to throw Diet Pepsi at the TV. What a lame ox. Musta been hired for some other man-made attributes.

Excellent style, she has. Her momma must'a said, "Tight and revealing is the way to a TV watcher's heart, Mona" (insert correct name). And the voice? Like gravel under your tires.

Rant: Off.

We've started calling SPEED "the NASCAR channel".

And I cannot STAND "Greg's Garage", and his visiting brolly girl every week. I wanna see bikes, not b**bies, thanks.

:banghead

LegendGirl said:
We've started calling SPEED "the NASCAR channel".

And I cannot STAND "Greg's Garage", and his visiting brolly girl every week. I wanna see bikes, not b**bies, thanks.

:banghead

In. Less trying to be cool, more actual discussion of bikes.

sounds like my decision not to have cable was a good one. ;)

Tivo's rocks!!! :rocker

I have one, Jennifer has one, and then we share one.

I did not think it was that strange until I wrote it out. Two people, three Tivo's :dunno

Who needs TV

Hey we've got the BMWMOA forum.

I find myself at the computer more now than the TV. There are only a few news, sports channels I care to watch anyway. And SpeedVision has turned into a joke. I'll just spend more time on the forum with all you good folks. IHCB

:clap

I happen to like the PBS channels and C-span for television entertainment, guess I am pretty warped.

Speed Chanel = Red neck world of entertainment! Most couples in trailer parks do it doggy style so they can both watch the speed channel and not miss anything. (oh no do I smell a dog house?)

Speed Channel Kudos

I thank them for one thing: They are the only way to get Formula One races in the US. Of course, as mentioned before, TIVO also makes it painless since I don't have to suffer through the plethora of commercials.

Re: Speed Channel Kudos

philabeemer said:
I thank them for one thing: They are the only way to get Formula One races in the US. Of course, as mentioned before, TIVO also makes it painless since I don't have to suffer through the plethora of commercials.

Tivo rocks.

Hey Gnome, this a family forum, eh?

Uhmmm, I kind of like NASCAR. One of my good friends is a crew chief for an ARCA team, and he just drove one of his dad's race cars in a race a few weeks ago. Believe it or not, there is quite a bit of technology that goes into those cars, as well as the know how to make them run fast. I'm sure that many of the criticisms made by folks about NASCAR on this forum are made by other people about every other sort of racing as well. I too miss TWT in the incarnation that it used to be in. I used to set a tape to record everything while I was at rehearsal, and then watch it until the wee hours of the morning.

Back