• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Well, I did it

mikeb921

I just bought a new (to me) 05 R1200ST with 4.5k miles on it. I'm selling my 95 R1100RSL. The ST is a blast. It came with a full Remus exhaust and hard bags and top case. To me, this is the evolution of the R1100RS. It's quick and light. I'd have to say the best thing about this bike is the engine. It pulls hard and revs quickly. The lighting, although ugly, is first class. We're just now getting into our riding season here in Florida so, I'm going to go do some miles.

Ride Safe
Rideoften

Congrats on the "upgrade." Take some pictures of your journeys and share the ride with those in the soon to be

Snow Belt!

I just bought a new (to me) 05 R1200ST.... The lighting, although ugly, is first class.
I disagree. I think it is very cool. But then, I've liked Saabs, so what the masses think is ugly, is cool.

Fred
'07 R1200R

From the very start I thought the ST got a bad rap. For me, itÔÇÖs a lot like the restyling of the 3 series. At first, I can't get behind the changes, then with time, they start to look better, and by the time the next change is out, I've accepted its predecessor.

I like BMW motorcycles for the form follows function approach BMW takes.

Mike, congrats!!!!

I got my ST new in 05...never looked back....AWESOME BIKE!!!!!!! Best BMW I've owned and I've been on em 30 years...since I was 17.

I use mine to commute (everyday), tour, strafe the canyons, EVERYTHING. She's even not to bad on the dirt roads. Mine's bone stock except for the MV bar risers and a Cee Bailey sheild I use only in the winter.

I do hate the seat though. I've discovered by putting the front seat adjustment in the high postion and the rear adjustment in the low postion I can make it more level. An upgrade is in the works.

Change the bulbs to "SilverStars" about 25 bucks for two at Pepboys and an already outstanding headlight goes to laser like.

A Remus is my next upgrade and maybe a power commander, don't know why as I get in enough trouble already.

Enjoy..feel free to PM me about the ST.

Rog

Congratulations on the ST, I'm on my second one (wrecked the first) and I think they are
outstanding bikes. Check over on the Sporttouring site, in the Motorcycle talk section, there is a registry of ST owners. I've never heard anyone complain about their bike.

Ride safe,

Peter X

Congrats on the ST. I helped my ex purchase one in 05 and at first thought it be a bit strange looking - but after awhile I kept admiring its looks. (she got blue / silver, which was a bit hard to get). And boy does it move...

Of course I think a GS is beautiful :bikes

St

Somehow I managed to log about 500 miles this week (it's a work week) and I like this bike more every time I climb on board. I'm still playing with the rear suspension. My R1100RS had Ohlins and I don't think any amount of adjusting is going to make the ST feel like that, but I have to say, this bike is impressive. I'm going to change the oil this weekend and finish fine tuning the ergo's. Life is good, let's go for a ride.

Ride Safe
Rideoften

Back