• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Show us your bike

Knary,
Thanks for the compliment...

Originally posted by knary
BEAUTIFUL bike, that CLC.

I know lots of folks think they're ...umm... odd. But I likes it.

Post some more pics of the beast out in the world

I have some more pics at: http://groups.msn.com/RichWakefield
and select Pictures on the left hand side bar. There's some pics of myself and the dealer were I bought it, and my maiden ride home on a winter day...:)

jdiaz said:
Man, there's a lot of egomaniacs here. :)

Great pic, Jon. You really were a handsome dude in yer yute, werencha? :bliss

(sorry pops, I just couldn't resist that one. That K's a beaut, was it a graduation present?)

(oops, sorry, I did it again. You can kick me at the next CRBMWOA meeting if you like, or I'll just buy you a drink, or coffee or sumpin, kay?)

;) :D

OK, here's my seldom-clean RT, taken at sunrise on the Utah/Arizona border.

arizona02.jpg

Last edited:
(oops, sorry, I did it again. You can kick me at the next CRBMWOA meeting if you like, or I'll just buy you a drink, or coffee or sumpin, kay?)
How about making a donation to the college fund? :)

knary said:
I thought that was what the fleet of bikes was for...
Scott, you have to remember that you are the only person who ever made money after putting 100K miles on their bike. Its never worked for the rest of us. :)

jdiaz said:
How about making a donation to the college fund? :)

Geez, what's a college ed cost these days?

I'd offer to adopt her when she turns 18, (as an NU employee, I qualify for a huge tuition discount) but I'll be 68 and hopefully retired by then.

Permit me to clarify my earlier comment. You're STILL a handsome fella, albeit more DISTINGUISHED looking! ;)

jdiaz said:
Scott, you have to remember that you are the only person who ever made money after putting 100K miles on their bike. Its never worked for the rest of us. :)
:D
We'll have to see what happens to my insurance rates after my crappy 'luck' the past couple months.:confused:

debating between stich color schemes,

-scott

You think Jon is good looking when on a streetbike, you should see him riding an enduro with an open face helmet and his Aerostich..

Now that's just plain studly...

Now for something we hope you really like.. Nothing up my sleeve... Presto!!!

Me at Shannonville during last summer's track day..
And no, I wasn't in last place.. :D

Shannonville.jpg

Shanonville + Roadster

Nice pic. I took my roadster on NHIS last year. I'm sure the squidly crowd would be surprised how well the naked Beemer does on the track. With some aftermarket shocks it would be stellar!

I think a naked Beemer based on the R1100S would be boss! Add a cafe fairing and you have the next generation R90/100S. You could call it the "First Edition"!

MarkF:idea

You can't race one(F650) either - 3rd both days at AHRMA Talladega GPR 9/28-29/02.

Attachments

• bmw1.jpg
    bmw1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,003
:wow Last cervesa stop before La Paz and first encounter with a tropical storm

Attachments

• cabo-la paz copy.jpg
    cabo-la paz copy.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 905
2002 1150RT

Here is a pic of m rt soon to be a year old at the end of the month:clap

Attachments

• myrt005.jpg
    myrt005.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 951
Okay, I'll play. Here are what's left in my garage (one post at a time):

Attachments

• 1991-851-sp3.jpg
    1991-851-sp3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 942
And, last but not least, what these fora are about...

Attachments

• 02-05-04.jpg
    02-05-04.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 916
dmt said:
I think everyone should have a bike for all seasons. Now, if I could just find a part of the world with more seasons!

Where are you? We've got four seasons here in NorCal, they're just kind of mixed up.

Back