• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you listening to today?

Thanks for the tips on Patricia Barber, Rita Reys, and Jane Monheit. Heretofore I was unfamiliar with these singers.

I went to the iTunes store and did a search of these names (one at a time). Then I listened to some of the available 20 sec samples. I liked what I heard. Next I logged onto my public library's website and searched for CDs by these singers. Where I got hits (seems like some library patrons have been pretty generous in donating jazz CDs) I reserved the CD. Now I'll have a nice bunch to listen to in the near future.

When the library doesn't have any offerings that I like, I usually just go ahead and buy and download an album or two (sometimes more!) from iTunes. (Do we still call 'em albums?).

Have you listened to "Nightclub" by Patricia Barber? Not everybody's cup of tea, but I like her stuff better than Diana Krall or Jane Monheit.

I'll have to find this CD.....if you think she is better than Jane Monheit, then I am compelled to listen, 'cause that's saying something!

I'll have to find this CD.....if you think she is better than Jane Monheit, then I am compelled to listen, 'cause that's saying something!

It's kinda subjective. I like Barber better, because I think she takes a song and puts her own stamp on it, while Jane Monheit will sing a standard the way we've heard it before, but in her incredibly beautiful voice. I think Patricia Parber's voice is also great, but it's deeper and there's a bit more mileage on it.

I also like Patricia Barber's own songs better than her standards, but she can get pretty far out there every now and then. Her most recent album is based on Ovid's Metamorphoses, and since I'm kind of an egghead I think that's pretty cool.

That's what is so great about music....and wine. You can never know all there is to know......you can never experience all that is so wondrous! There is always something new and great out there.....thanks for the new trail! I'll be glad to explore.

Been listening to Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers since I saw them Saturday night in Portland. One of my favorite bands. You Arizona folks are probably tired of them though! Roger used to be the driving force behind the Refreshments ("Give your ID card to the border guard...")

I've got a bunch of nice electronica chill queued up. It's a nice way to start the day.

I'm scanning old photos.

Gummikuh rally, probably mid 90s.

219451826-M.jpg

Speaking of electronica chill - have you listened to Machine Love? (They are from the Bay - I found them at CD Baby and am the proud owner of all 4 CD's.
Ever heard them?

Airplane Music today:

Bloodhound Gang
George Thorogood and the Destroyers
Eminem
Limp Bizkit
Lyle Lovett and his very large band

For some reason I have "Civil War" by Guns 'n Roses going through my head. Not sure how THAT could have happened. :nyah

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsPv07PTor8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsPv07PTor8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

OK, I'll admit it. First I was listening to Peter, Paul & Mary. Then I switched to Brahms Requim. Now THAT is music!

OK, I'll admit it. First I was listening to Peter, Paul & Mary. Then I switched to Brahms Requim. Now THAT is music!

That Requim guy rocks - he opened for Springsteen in Toronto, didn't he? His drummer did a 12 minute solo on the high hat! What kinda name is Requim any way? I was thinking Peruvian or Basque maybe. Anybody know?

Randy Brecker - Shanghigh
TJ Kirk - Soul Power
Oteil & the Peacemakers
Soul Live - Turn It Out
The Greyhounds - Robotic
The Motet - Cheap ****

(just gettin' started here.............................)

:buds

Are we still doing this?

Ok fine.

221282688-O.jpg

Get well Derek, fragile boy.
Must be those NY germs, newly imported from who knows where.

Well, the RS doesn't carry tunes (as if I'd hear 'em over the 'freight train' roar of this damned Bell I use) and I've been riding this week. But the 535 is today's ride and it's still got a new CD by the band we went to see Saturday night loaded up:

reflections.jpg
(click to their website)

This is the CD with their original tune, "I Met My Baby In The Porta Jon Line" on it. Plain old bluegrass entertainment - and even better live. If you're anywhere near where you can go see these guys play (mostly between Florida and Columbus, OH, but they were just in Two Rivers, WI), I recommend 'em highly.