• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you listening to today?

In about a quarter hour I will be listening to the soothing sounds of Command & Conquer as I kick some Nod butt.
The perfect outlet after another delightfully frustrating workday.
I have not fired up winamp here during the day in a lonnngggg time, so no jam report from yours truly.

_xy-1224809_1

One of my favorite albums.

Currently playing....Ty Herdon, Livin in a moment.

Before that: Aaron Tippin Where The Stars and Stripes and the Eagles Fly.

Before that: Outkast Hey Ya and Ms. Jackson

Later you can be sure there will be some Bobby Darin Beyond the Sea. My 2yo loves that song.

A bootleg of a Meatloaf concert that I saw in Cleveland in 1978 - and that I got as a bunch of MP3s from a Russian website. Jim Steinman on keyboards; members of Utopia backing; Karla DeVito (below, with Meat) doing all the female lead stuff (Ellen Foley sang on the Bat Out of Hell album).

MeatLoaf-Paradise-EllenFoley1978.jpg

Coconut Love Monkey and Martinibomb.

I'm counting the minutes until it's martini time.

What a week.

I feel much better now.
Darn near got my butt kicked, however we perservered.
The drinkies helped, too.
Thank you C&C.
Now to spin the jams. I could list to what I am listening but suffice it to say I have ripped my CD collection to mp3's and I am about to spin the ROCK directory in random mode.
Have a martini for me, Dave. *shudder*

T Rex - Electric Warrior - Lean Woman Blues ;)
Lou Reed - Endlessly Jealous - New Sensations :eek
XTC - The Meeting Place - Skylarking . . . . you get the idea
Journey - Nickel and Dime - Next (when Journey was JOURNEY)
David Gilmour - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Meltdown Concert
Frank Marino & Mahogony Rush - He's Calling - RealLIVE!
Derek And The Dominoes - Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad
Yes - Heart Of The Sunrise - Fragile (Sharp! Distance!)
Rolling Stones - Respectable - Jump Back
Residents - Fingertips - Commercial Album (Just for you Mr. Tessler!)

Ok, really, shutting up now!
He just smoked my eyelids and punched my cigarette. Awww, Mama!

Ok have to mention this:
Tommy Bolin - People People - Teaser . . . Tommy was ROCKIN'

Last edited:
You can play that part?
:bow

Yeah man, I spent 4 or 5 hours figuring it out when I initially learned it, but it only took an hour to get it back.

People tend to dismiss CDB and country rock in general, but a lot of it is very complex. "Dixie Chicken" is intuitive, but "Hot 'Lanta" is a whole 'nother story.

Cool, Jim. Yer Rockin'!

Thanks, man.

Note to Rebbeca V; the gig is going down at our local version of the "Buckets of Blood". Any chance that you will ride down for the spectacle?

Thanks, man.

Note to Rebbeca V; the gig is going down at our local version of the "Buckets of Blood". Any chance that you will ride down for the spectacle?
Thank goodness for the Buckets of Blood!!

When is the gig? I can probably be talked into a road trip for some good music.

Attachments

• boblood.jpg
    boblood.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 101
The gig is tomorrow at 3 PM.
Oh Please....Oh Please...
but,... you'll have to help me pull the air conditioner out of the guest room.
Good music?...not likely.
Low brow fun amongst the low born...absolutely!
Some of us might call it slumming.

Last edited:
The gig is tomorrow at 3 PM.
My nieces and I are renting a movie and getting pizza tomorrow night. :bluduh

Another time though for sure. Give me some advance notice and I'll rope some of my posse in.

Yeah man, I spent 4 or 5 hours figuring it out when I initially learned it, but it only took an hour to get it back.

People tend to dismiss CDB and country rock in general, but a lot of it is very complex. "Dixie Chicken" is intuitive, but "Hot 'Lanta" is a whole 'nother story.
I like CDB and country rock. I play (and enjoy doing it) Long Haired Country Boy. I don't like Country much though.
Break a leg!

Thanks Roy. I might break a nose or a fist, but break a leg?,.... well,... we'll just have to see about that.

I had a dream last night
What a lovely dream it was
I dreamed we all were alright
Happy in a land of Oz

Why did everybody laugh
when I told them my dream
I guess they all were so far
from that kind of scene
Feeling mean

I heard a song last night
What a lovely song it was
I thought I??d hum it all night
Unforgettable because

All of the players were playing together
And all of the heavies were light as a feather
All I remember is a feeling tomorrow
And as I recall the rest will just follow

I thought the long standing tradition in the entertainment industry was wishing good luck was bad luck? That's all I meant.
:hide

I like CDB and country rock. I play (and enjoy doing it) Long Haired Country Boy. I don't like Country much though.
Break a leg!
Hey Roy, let's go down to the Buckets of Blood for the next gig and show the FIBs how to party. ;)

BBC Radio 2

I've just listened to BBC Radio 2's News quiz. A light hearted panel quiz that's actually more satire than quiz. But one element they have is reading clips from listeners submissions from local newspapers. This one caught my attention:

For Sale
Nearly new parachute, only used once. Never opened.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................slightly stained!!!!!:dunno

Hey Roy, let's go down to the Buckets of Blood for the next gig and show the FIBs how to party. ;)
Deal! We'll show those Friendly Illinois Beemer-riders!(That what FIB stands for right?) *snicker*

James has to give enough notice next time though!:nono
Where is B'o'B? *Roy asked naively*

lets see, today (BTW, i really appreciate this, esp those of you posting pics of the albums!!! keep it coming!)

SSD - boston, early 80s, i'm sure kbasa saw these guys with The Pajama Slave Dancers at The Channel or The Rat or something:laugh

ssdkidswill.gif

and this happened to be lying around, always makes me sing

The_Slider.jpg

Top of the previous page, Derek, coolness.
Always have dug T Rex.

219479466-O.jpg

Last edited: