• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TOM CUTTER is the MAN !

F

FABIOX

This guy is amazing I just picked up my bike that he was working on in PA and what a difference.
He is honest, a reliable mechanic, and he loves airheads.
I am so happy to fund him.

if you don't know him check his site below.

http://www.rubberchickenracinggarage.com/

VIVA TOM CUTTER ! ;)

invaluable help on the IBMWR tech lists and he sells those wonderful paralever bushings to boot!

If you haven't seen a seminar by Tom, you're really missing something.

At Lima, he brought Udo Geitl, the guy who built BMWs superbike winners in the 70s, to a seminar.

It may well have been one of the best seminars ever. :clap

Tom was the Butler & Smith (BMW Importer in the 70s, before the formation of BMW Motorrad/NA) tech guy and really, really knows a lot about the airheads.

ian

Tom Cutter

....and he wrote the book (literally) on dual plugging. I still have a copy...and there's a version floating around the Internet somewhere...

Mac

....and he wrote the book (literally) on dual plugging. I still have a copy...and there's a version floating around the Internet somewhere...

Mac

It's on Tom's website...

http://www.rubberchickenracinggarage.com/Downloads/TomCutterDualPlugIgnition.pdf

Tom admits in the foreword that some of the concepts are obsolete or possibly wrong. But the overall picture is a good one. Oak Okleshen has also written about dual plugging, contents available in his Tech Articles through Oak and in past MOA News tech articles.

I guess I got blessed by the BMW gods. ;)

Last edited:
I've had excellent dealings with Tom, read his excellent contributions on the IBMWR list, and have heard nothing but good from the people I know who have had him work on their bikes.

I recently sent Tom the heads and jugs from my R60/5 for reconditioning per recommendation of Bill Burke. All your comments are good to hear. I can't wait to get that Airhead back on the road........next spring.......

Back