• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ANARCHY Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/03/07

different stone, different hole, candie wrapper filter

218041187-S.jpg

motion blur,,

early AM shot of my "Fish Eagle" freind from the last weeks trip to Cabo with side light from the pre-dawn sky as he took off from his perch.

DSC_3475.jpg

RM

Here's a couple I've taken that have come out "wrong", but I still like.

142056503-L.jpg

Nothing wrong with this shot. You've suggested it's an out take, but I think it's a great shot and really hard to capture something like this even when you're trying! Talk about a picture speaking a thousand words! ;)

I like where you’re going with the photos of your son. If I could suggest just a couple of things: first, get closer to your subject and have one person or instrument as “the” center of interest. Second, try shooting from either side of the stage so that the stage lights (if they are front lit) will give more dimension to the subject. Practice sessions are probably the best time to make shots like this, just bring with a couple of garage work lights and clamp them to what ever is handy and don’t be shy about “playing” with the lights. Hope that helps.

Here are a couple of examples I dug out of my digital archive. These were shot for a band’s poster or rather a series of posters; the goal was to make the viewer feel the emotion, intensity and artistry of the music. Now the shots are used as “fridge art” that’s the reason for the border and title.

RandallIsland... thanks for the endorsement. My son, especially when he's "in the zone" is my favorite subject for photos. Excellent musician. And Bluestune, thanks for the suggestions. Will try for some pics at their practice rather than in the bars (although that adds a greater dynamic). I am trying to nudge them into having a website so maybe I can create some visuals for the site. Anyway, thanks for the input. -Bob

Back