• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride to work (salute to Cliffy!)

BRADFORDBENN

Slowpoke & Proud of It!
I was debating about calling it that or Ride to work (salute to the Kook!)

Today I left the house at 7:15AM EST with the lovely temperature of 20F (~ -7C) and cloudy. Just as soon as I got to the first stop sign, it started to snow a little.

"No biggie.", I thought, "they called for snow flurries. I have my electrics on am toasty. I'll be careful."

I arrived at work at 8:00AM EST and there was a quarter inch of snow on the ground and the temperature had gone up to 21F. The commutte should usually take 30 minutes.

I was nice and toasty with the Gerbings though.

When I grow up I wanna be a weatherman, where else can you be wrong most of the time and not get in trouble?:dunno

Yee-hah.

Who cares about a little dusting of snow? Well....
Congrats my man. You are now in the new club whose name has yet to be named consisting of folks who ride in the snow to work!
Anybody else wanna play???

Re: Yee-hah.

Cliffy777 said:
Who cares about a little dusting of snow? Well....
Congrats my man. You are now in the new club whose name has yet to be named consisting of folks who ride in the snow to work!
Anybody else wanna play???

I think the club would be the same group that would sponsor the Marshmellow Butt 250.:clap

I've been riding to work since 2/26. It snowed on me a bit yesterday, but no accumulation. We are ground-snow free here in eastern Iowa. Temps have ranged from 25-50, and we've had a couple of pretty good drenchers during my rides home. I finally picked up some decent riding gear, FirstGear Kilimanjaro jacket and HT pants, BMW Contour boots. Have to say they've kept me toasty and dry so far, although I haven't been in the rain for more than 20 minutes at a time (but it rained HARD). I've drawn a few quizzical looks from my fellow office workers when I walk in and out fully attired. However, our security guard, a retired guy who rides a Sportster in when it's really nice out, gives me a big grin and thumbs-up every morning.

Steve

A small round of applause for Steve

Ladies and gentlemen we have another state represented in the ride yer bike to werk no matter if there is snow Haul of Fame.
Please accept this hardy set of congrats and watch your mail box for the membership card, secret instructions and the decoder ring!

If it weren't for the tool and parts kits, I would be with you guys. I need the van for my tools and stuff. I can ride it to school though :D. I plan on going to Dubuque IA and Kalamazoo MI via bike when I train with manufacturers in those cities.

Back