• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

As Stock As It Gets Minus A Few Pieces

Taken just today (6/4/11) in Vasa, MN is my 1984 R100RT. I've removed the fairing lowers and side covers, but she still looks sharp by my eye. I saw a rat bike down in Pepin, WI that was a R100T about the same vintage as mine. The thing looked like hell, but I watched the owner ride away and it sounded great and he looked happy as a clam. To each his own I guess.

Attachments

• Vasa, MN.jpg
    Vasa, MN.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 604
Definitely keeps the wind off your chest and quiets things down. It comes from Parabellum windshields. Looks decent also.

Rode the ol' R65 up Mt. Spokane last Sunday...

Attachments

• Bike on Mt Spokane 11-06-05 A.jpg
    Bike on Mt Spokane 11-06-05 A.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 807
This afternoon after a ride to check operation of my new twist throttle and gear /chain set-up.Thinking of put back on my aux tanks.

1. What is your new twist throttle and gear/chain set up? Did you just replace the original components?
  2. Put the aux tanks on if the price dips low enough for you to fill up.
  3. Smoke green is such an awesome and unique color.
  4. Those Krauser panniers, how well do yours fit in the Reynolds frame? I am having trouble getting mine to fit satisfactorily.

11847505_7NYeq

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of you out there. Just back from a beautiful 75 mile ride this morning with my oldest daughter Leigha. The weather and ride was absolutely perfect. Soledad Mountain Cross War Memorial, La Jolla, Torrey Pines and Del Mar. Hope you all have a great day - get a chance to kick back and relax or do whatever you want to do.

Enclosed picture is top of Soledad Mountain.

Life is good...

-Mike V. / San Diego

Attachments

• FD ride1_6-19-11.JPG
    FD ride1_6-19-11.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 688
Happy Father's Day

And overlooking La Jolla to the North from Soledad Mountain.

Ride safe,

-Mike V. / San Diego

Attachments

• FD ride2_6-19-11.JPG
    FD ride2_6-19-11.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 688
'81 r65

I sold her in 2000 after I bought a '96 GS. I couldn't afford to own two bikes. It had a Windjammer III on it when I got it. Removing the Windjammer made a huge difference in how it rode.

1867-0007edited-R65-M.jpg

Ad picture when I sold her.
AA002Aedited-R65edited-1-M.jpg

I miss her.

Enclosed picture is top of Soledad Mountain. And overlooking La Jolla to the North from Soledad Mountain.

Life is good...

-Mike V. / San Diego

Ah, those photos bring back memories. I haven’t been there since my college years (the mid to late 80’s). Looks as beautiful as ever.

...there are some nice bikes on these pages! I love the blue RS w/ orange wheels, among others....

Here's my latest addition. I'm very happy to add a G/S once again, I think the R80 boxer is the perfect BMW motor.

God was smiling on this creation, sorry for the glare...

2011062660005-M.jpg

Back