• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

This is my 95 R100GS coming back from a weekend camping trip

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,897
Big ass stuff sack

Wow! That is one big ass stuff sack. Whatcha have in there, a body?

MarkF

Re: Big ass stuff sack

MarkF said:
Wow! That is one big ass stuff sack. Whatcha have in there, a body?

MarkF

That must be one of those "wheelie assist" weights! :bliss

Weekend?? camping whatdoya suppose they took, besides the kitchen sink, counter top and cabinets, that is? :dunno

RM

My 'new' 1984 R80RT on a trip in Central/Eastern Washington this summer.

Attachments

• r80rt.jpg
    r80rt.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,928
Finally got a round tuit....

These pics are scattered around other pages on this forum, but...

r69s.jpg

r100rs.jpg

r80gs_1.jpg

... and without bags

r80gs.jpg

Ian

My NEW girl 92' R100RS

Attachments

• waynes beemer.jpg
    waynes beemer.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,838
I've looked at every airhead in here twice but now this is my favorite.

Attachments

• my bike.jpg
    my bike.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,755
My 1988 R100GS.

Attachments

• motorcycle-pics-101a.jpg
    motorcycle-pics-101a.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,713
katoom said:
My NEW girl 92' R100RS

Sadly, I must report that I wrecked the beautiful RS pictured above. A 16 year old girl pulled out in front of me and I t-boned her. The impact sheared the steering stem in half on my bike. Lots of front end damage.

Thanks to my Shoei helmet and riding gear I got away with a bad contusion to my shin and a badly wrenched neck/back.

The RS is without question the most enjoyable bike I have ever ridden.

Be careful out there,
Wayne

Reply to mikea

Thanks for the comment on the silver bike. Like the original posting said it is a 1984 tarted out like an S.
The fairing is the BMW S fairing with a medium ht. parabellum windscreen. The windscreen works quite well here in Oregon where we have weather. I don't remember who made the mirrors, but I do know that they are polished stainless and made in Mississippi. (maybe Vech) Dave Quinn motorcycles has some similar mirrors on his web site.
The bars are Magura with the S rise and bend. (they were on the bike when I got it 40k miles ago) Also on the bike when I got it was the black chrome Luftmiester 2 into one pipe with reverse megaphone glass pack. It sounds fine. The front fender is the police fender. Mine is from germany, but Bob's has repros. Corbin seat w/ backrest (for my wife). I got Saeng night cutters on little angle brackets just below the turn signals. The brackets use the lower triple clamp bolts for mounting. I used to have a R11RT, but when the stars fell out of alignment and I had to sell it, I got Silver. The giggle per mile are at least as good, and often better on the airhead. I hope to go to Lima this summer.
Bob

Mark, you are just a bike slut. You make me smile when you drool over every bike ever pictured. I have to admit that I would love to have an R80GS in my stable though.

SLUT!

lorazepam said:
Mark, you are just a bike slut. You make me smile when you drool over every bike ever pictured. I have to admit that I would love to have an R80GS in my stable though.

Guilty

I want them all - plus the time to ride them, too

MarkF

Stay tuned...

I picked up ANOTHER airhead today. I'll try to have pics within the week. Mark can wring his hands some more...

My '73 R75/5 just before I traded it in on an '04 RT. It's not as good-looking as most of the bikes in this thread, but it took me all over the country in my younger days. As you can see, after-market stuff was somewhat different!:)

Attachments

• r75_5.jpg
    r75_5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,785
Back