• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

1973 R75/5

So is it for sale or did you just buy it? :evil

It is for sale, reluctantly I might add. Actually, everything including the sidecar is for sale (look at the previous link if interested.) I just didn't want my first post to this forum to be a for sale add. I really wanted to see my bike along with the rest of them.:violin
It's a great ride!

Road Ready R100 RT

Finally got this puppy on the road. 1984 R100RT. Bought it off of e-bay with 50K. Pretty much the way I bought it. Had to replace front rotors and header. Now it is running so smooth. Picture is a recent trip to Mount Mitchel NC.

Attachments

• Mount Mitchell 4.jpg
    Mount Mitchell 4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,109
Good luck with this. The R65 has really grown on me. It'd be great if you posted pics along the way.

not wanting to bog up the bandwith with my pics... I have been keeping a photo log on my Picassa.. Click 86 R65

this is the idea mocked up in Photoshop.. original paint is not that bad:
before and after
beforeandafter.jpg

I didn't realize from your first picture that this was a monoshock R65 ... my favorite R65 ... nice

not wanting to bog up the bandwith with my pics... I have been keeping a photo log on my Picassa.. Click 86 R65

this is the idea mocked up in Photoshop.. original paint is not that bad:
before and after
beforeandafter.jpg

Great ride you have there. You have some nice pics on your site.

The engine guards may look wimpy but they do work! I know I speak from experience.

May you have many, many sweet rides with your R65.

Great ride you have there. You have some nice pics on your site.

Thanks!

The engine guards may look wimpy but they do work! I know I speak from experience.
Doh!.. sorry...

May you have many, many sweet rides with your R65.

Thanks again.. Can't wait for the snow to melt up here.

cheers,

g

I didn't realize from your first picture that this was a monoshock R65 ... my favorite R65 ... nice

I was keeping my eyes open for a mono.. I used to have a beauty R100 but it was way too pretty for me. I was scared to get it scratched/dirty etc.. I wanted a bike I can play with. Mine was the black CS..

932928661_8ad1096bd4_o.jpg

Sold this to a friend... so it is still in the family.

The R65 mono fits me better.. smaller, and lighter. cheaper! :heart

R50/5

My 73' R50/5 (pic 1)

Attachments

• R50cafe_ls_w.jpg
    R50cafe_ls_w.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 871
R50/5

My 73' R50/5 (pic 2)

Attachments

• R50cafe_rs_w.jpg
    R50cafe_rs_w.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 869
thanks

Yep. The bike is a blast! It was a clean stock /5 but I couldn't resist a little modification. I put all of the original bits on a shelf and welded up a new subframe (bolt on) which is a little taller and moved the upper shock mounts forward about 3 or 4 inches. Threw on a set of clubmans and an airtech seat cowl and presto...a great little cafe. Here's the bike at Indy MotoGP.

Attachments

• indy_cafe.jpg
    indy_cafe.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,043
Great bike and nice photo!

I was keeping my eyes open for a mono.. I used to have a beauty R100 but it was way too pretty for me. I was scared to get it scratched/dirty etc.. I wanted a bike I can play with. Mine was the black CS.

Love the CS you owned but looked at the link for the R65. Good work! That will be a fun ride. Also really like the photo you posted with the CS and the RS. Beautiful background. Where was it taken?

I was keeping my eyes open for a mono.. I used to have a beauty R100 but it was way too pretty for me. I was scared to get it scratched/dirty etc.. I wanted a bike I can play with. Mine was the black CS.

Love the CS you owned but looked at the link for the R65. Good work! That will be a fun ride. Also really like the photo you posted with the CS and the RS. Beautiful background. Where was it taken?

Thank you. That shot was taken somewhere around Erin Ontario (north west of Toronto). Just one of many farm backroads. Grant with his RS and I went for long ride that day. We swapped bikes for a while and it was amazing how similar the bikes felt. I know that they are more a less the same, but it was really cool to feel how "my" bike feels with the big RS Fairing..

934706962_dc2fdc77ac_o.jpg

The CS also rolled over 100 000 kms that day.
933863049_ba480b660d_o.jpg

Back