• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

You should post this under the Airheads forum and not the one for pictures.

But, yes, the only way to fix this is to pull the entire assembly (heads and cylinders) out in order to replace the seals.

You might be able to live with it, depending on the rate of leakage or amount of mess it creates. If the bike
is somewhat unknown to you, you may be interested in doing a complete top end overhaul. Save the pushrob tube seals until then...

You should search the Airheads forum...this has recently been discussed.

Kurt in S.A.

this should be posted in the regular airhead forum, and not under pictures
why do I say that
dahh, its not a picture

but also

cause if I did not come to look at pictures I would not have seen this info about 800 watt alternators
more info please
pretty please with sugar on top

one of my airheads

r90s1.jpg

I will post the other airhead soon. Steve G

Canada dan windshield

I am looking @ the small windshield on your bike-what is the source? Looking for ideas as to what one to put on a /7 standard bike-I dont want a large fairing-whats out there besides Parabelum and "S" styles . Are the S fairings very effective for a 5"9" rider?

is Gustaffson still in biz? he used to be in FLA, I believe. looks like it could be one of his.

My 1983 R80RT

I've owned this bike since 1991. Currently has 59,000 miles on it. Liked it so much I sold my 2002.

Attachments

• Beemer r side 1.jpg
    Beemer r side 1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,346
1974 R90/6

I feel I should apologize to the AIRHEAD GODS - it only has 25,000 miles on it. I've been bustin to get it out of the garage (cleaning, replacing, tuning). I re-registered and licensed it today. Still need to tweak the carbs a little.
1974%20R90-6%2003062007.jpg

Apoligize?

Don't apologize to anyone. Ride it a little, ride it a lot - just OWN one!!!

I can't believe I forgot how to kick start a bike. I may need an instructional video.

Back