• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Nice find! Tire sizes are 3.25x19 front and 4.00x18 in the rear. Recommend you stick with inch-sized tires. There have been various discussions of tires. Michelin Pilot Activs come up as good choices in various conditions. The bead can be stiff but any good tire installer can deal with it.

Nice find! Tire sizes are 3.25x19 front and 4.00x18 in the rear. Recommend you stick with inch-sized tires. There have been various discussions of tires. Michelin Pilot Activs come up as good choices in various conditions. The bead can be stiff but any good tire installer can deal with it.

20774, I see you're in San Antonio. That's such a coincidence. I'm actually picking the R100S in San Antonio. Thanks for the tire information.

Nice! Who's the BMW mechanic here in town, if that's where the bike is? Alamo BMW is the only place I know of that might have a good technician...there was one mechanic there a couple of years ago who seemed to be well versed but he's gone now.

The '77 was a good year...prior to those dreaded EPA changes for the '78 models. Is that an S model or is it/was it an RS model?

Nice! Who's the BMW mechanic here in town, if that's where the bike is? Alamo BMW is the only place I know of that might have a good technician...there was one mechanic there a couple of years ago who seemed to be well versed but he's gone now.

The '77 was a good year...prior to those dreaded EPA changes for the '78 models. Is that an S model or is it/was it an RS model?

Just between the 2 of us and the rest of BMW MOA, the tech is from Alamo BMW. The person selling me the bike works there as well. That's how he was able to get the tech to work on this bike. ;)

It's an S model. It comes with both the RS and the S fairings. Look at the picture with the seat and the tank. You will see an S fairing in the back, however, it's black and not red, as the RS fairing. I also checked the VIN in RealOEM.com. It shows as an R100S model with 1976 as the year of manufacture.

BTW, another thing I liked about the bike are the wire wheels.

Last edited:
1982 r100rs

I have had this bike since 2003 and completed the restoration in 2005. numerous upgrades to make a better rider. It now has 160K miles. Here it is at Beacon Rock on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 203
I have had this bike since 2003 and completed the restoration in 2005. numerous upgrades to make a better rider. It now has 160K miles. Here it is at Beacon Rock on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge.

Are U useing a Euro police style front fender, bike has a very cool vibe to it. Good job.

That picture is in front of the restrooms! I know, been there many times.

Are U useing a Euro police style front fender, bike has a very cool vibe to it. Good job.

Yes - the bike has the police fender. In the great Pacific North West that little bit more of weather protection is a good thing. The bike has been in the rain (mist, showers, downpours and sprinkles)

Distinguished Gentleman Ride 2020.
IMG_3860_heic-XL.jpg

Not mine but sitting in front of a Men's Clothing shop in Sorento IT, April 2018.

BMW%20r12C%20Sorento%20Italy%202018%20-2-L.jpg

I think this qualifies as an "Airhead" LOL

Daily exercise

Out again early in the morning for her daily exercise. Sorry for the poor lighting, it was cloudy this morning.

Attachments

• Morning ride.jpg
    Morning ride.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 247
Out again early in the morning for her daily exercise. Sorry for the poor lighting, it was cloudy this morning.

Nice sleek bike! Maybe next time, park on the other side of the road and take the picture that direction with the sun behind you!! :wave

I played some games with your picture!
BikeNew.jpg

Back