• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Finally getting some saddle time after a winter/spring/summer build out
4a7c72e5de645d7ec8a201f2b91bd093.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Here are two of my Airheads. Both are 1993 Year models.

IMG_2597.JPGIMG_2647.JPGIMG_2648.JPG

Last year R100RS. I am told that BMW only brought 60 into the U.S. in 1993.

The R100GSPD is a great all around machine and the same year as my R100RS!

My Second 1971 R75/5

I just got this R75/5 from an eBay auction. It is essentially a one-owner bike that was originally delivered to that owner in Munich. It has an early Vetter Windjammer fairing, a Vetter RainyDay front fender, Krauser panniers with insert soft bags and a helmet case. The tools are complete plus and even includes an original BMW towel. I bought it as a non-runner but the engine turns over and I suspect it will fire up with the Bings disassembled and cleaned, valves and points adjusted and a new battery. There is a little rust that will need to be addressed and some replating required.
It is nearly identical to an R75/5 I sold a decade ago so I am correcting that mistake!

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 340
jimmiejag, nice to have you return to Airheads. Your machine has an interesting history. I have not seen a front fender paint scheme like your before.

RainyDay Fender

jimmiejag, nice to have you return to Airheads. Your machine has an interesting history. I have not seen a front fender paint scheme like your before.

Blue,
The RainyDay front fender is from Craig Vetters company, as is the Windjammer fairing, and has features like the extended "flap" at the rear and rubber rain channels inside both outer edges that channel rain swept up by the front tire away from the rider and down the back of the fender. The color scheme is OEM and a little gaudy and I make it a practice to stay away from wet roads and rain when on two wheels, so it will not be useful to me. But it is interesting.
Jim

Looks like a good fender to keep more water off the bike. It probably keeps a lot more road debris off the bike. I found this out running BMW front Euro police fenders on my airheads. I don't have to run a mudflap on the front fender. They work good for me as a touring option.

1995 r100rtc

This pic was taken at an Amish Farmer Market in rural Kentucky, about 45 miles from my house.

20201026_110201.jpg

Last edited:
Back