• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Sure... Wixom Trunk and platform are coming off (to be used only on long/overnight trips)... Bates Bags staying on...

View attachment 64224

Yes indeed...[going against the grain here] :dunno But I like those as much or more than the Krausers. the Krausers were so subject to fail,falling off, opening unexpectedly , etc....and I still prefer top-load.

Been day-dreaming about doing an [80's era] airhead...lighter weight & more simplistic . Use those bags [I have a set] and just a simple w/shield of some sort.

Thanks for the pic!

Yes indeed...[going against the grain here] :dunno But I like those as much or more than the Krausers. the Krausers were so subject to fail,falling off, opening unexpectedly , etc....and I still prefer top-load.

Been day-dreaming about doing an [80's era] airhead...lighter weight & more simplistic . Use those bags [I have a set] and just a simple w/shield of some sort.

Thanks for the pic!

YW. Bike came with Bates Fairing, very simple to mount. I plan to hold onto that as well for longer trips that may involve rain.... But I much prefer to ride without...

Congratulations on finding a great bike. Over the years, I've had four different R75's (2- /5's, 1- /6 and 1- /7), and enjoyed every mile. I believe the /7 was the best.

Thanks Gary. She is a keeper, no doubt. The simplicity and balance makes for great ride, IMHO.

From today's ride. Still feels like summer here.

IMG_6553-Edit.jpg

1993 r100r

Recently purchased. Familiarizing myself with the motorcycle with a morning ride out to Fork Union.
IMG_20171007_100608122  Cyan FUMA.jpg

Last edited:
1992 R100GS Bumblebee...

Just purchased a very nice R100 GS. Always wanted one it just took be 25 years to get it. Notice the mileage!

Attachments

• P1030830r.jpg
    P1030830r.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 323
  • P1030832r1k.jpg
    P1030832r1k.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 323
Thanks 71243. It is a very different riding experience than the R75/5. It seems to be a blend of Airhead and Oilhead.

Back