• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Christmas Gift for son

Got the /6 off the lift after a winter refresh. Did clutch and plates, carbs, top end, euro bars, cables, tires, brakes, bearings and all the seals I could reach. Took her for a short test ride yesterday (36 deg F) and will gift her to one of my kids for Christmas in about an hour. Merry Christmas Charlie! She should be good to go for a while!

The RS goes on the lift in the morning....

Kevin Spooner

R75/6
R100RS
R1200GSA

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
Got the /6 off the lift after a winter refresh. Did clutch and plates, carbs, top end, euro bars, cables, tires, brakes, bearings and all the seals I could reach. Took her for a short test ride yesterday (36 deg F) and will gift her to one of my kids for Christmas in about an hour. Merry Christmas Charlie! She should be good to go for a while!

The RS goes on the lift in the morning....

Kevin Spooner

R75/6
R100RS Polizie
R1200GSA

Wow !..:thumb...nice gift...beautiful ride......Merry Christmas !

P.S......did I mention I'm available for adoption....:)

Bought this 1975 R90/6 a few weeks ago. Virtually certain it's repainted since no decals or pinstriping. Three previous owners, I'm told. 32K miles. Also has bags.

2E6A33DB-F18C-4105-9083-72D447AFF079-3724-000003CB6AA04BB5_tmp.jpg

Cool '74 /6. One of my all time favorite bikes. Your's looks really nice, and with a new freshened top end no less. I'm jealous, ride and enjoy. :thumb

Cool '74 /6. One of my all time favorite bikes. Your's looks really nice, and with a new freshened top end no less. I'm jealous, ride and enjoy. :thumb

Thanks Barry:wave Had two older fellas walk up while I was in Fredericksburg and nailed the year as well. Kick starter was what they were pointing out.

P1020841.jpg
My '73 /5 is still waiting on me to finish the waking from it's 20 year long nap. Life keeps getting in the way, but so it goes. All the 3M wire cutting taps sure made a mess in the headlight bucket from the Vetter install and other add ons. :hungover You just have to be in the mood to deal with all that.

I've got 5/5 vision, I could see the vin number. :) The aluminum turn signals, solid disc rotor, and no seam line on the tranny above the oil fill cap, simple handlebar switch's are good clues to actual year model '74. :thumb Actually I'm legally blind. :banghead

Thanks Barry:wave Had two older fellas walk up while I was in Fredericksburg and nailed the year as well. Kick starter was what they were pointing out.

My '74 Came with a Windjammer. Ditched it after a couple of years. A buddy of mine rewired the bike back to stock. Now I got a complete main frame wiring harness to install when I reassemble the bike. Would hate to price one now.

View attachment 60197
My '73 /5 is still waiting on me to finish the waking from it's 20 year long nap. Life keeps getting in the way, but so it goes. All the 3M wire cutting taps sure made a mess in the headlight bucket from the Vetter install and other add ons. :hungover You just have to be in the mood to deal with all that.
I'm jealous. I'm in the process of selling my first bike a '71 R50/5. Second owner,bought it with 724 miles on the OD and like new condition when I bought it. It's a nice bike, but. I've gotta a lot of bikes and it's time to start thinning the herd. Probably got 10 bikes. I plan on tuning up a few bikes this year and get back to real riding. Hope to ride some of them then move them to new owners. Several R80's, R100's, Harley's. I'm almost 64 and I think I've got 5 more years if I stay healthy. Reality of life. Hope to hit the rally scene for a couple of years, like the good old days. Do a little riding and camping. Then I'm done.

I hope ya'll don't mind as I have these pics in a different thread but thought they would be appropriate here as well...

Attachments

• DSC05396a.jpg
    DSC05396a.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC05411a.jpg
    DSC05411a.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC05398a.jpg
    DSC05398a.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 278
very very nice!

well it does'nt get any better than this ,you did the right thing showing the rest of us airheads, how proud you must be, is there a story that goes along with them ? best of luck and thank you for posting, Jimmy:ca

Back