• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

2016 Fireflight Rendezvous

Here's a couple of views of Mt. Hood taken during the Fireflight Rendezvous in Maupin, OR. My venerable /5 graces the foreground . . . :)

On the outskirts of the sprawling burg of Dufur. (604 breathing bodies in the 2010 census).

Mt%20Hood%20fm%20Dufur_zps1rpfhqvu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forest Road 44, east of the mountain.

FF%20Mt%20Hood%20fm%20FR44_zpsv3ya0mam.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What make fly screen are you running there?

I ordered it from Twisted Throttle. It's their MRA.RO.0 -Clear model, which is only 14" tall. Perfect for what I was looking for. The mounts are the MRA Universal Motorcycle Windshield with the long 10.15in arms. I needed the long arms so the windshield would sit in front of the key in the /5 headlight bucket. A /6 or newer could probably used the shorter arm.

O rexpat how lucky you are,:thumb Jimmy:ca

Thank you! :wave. I grew up not far from Maupin in a small eastern Oregon cow-and-logging town. Left when I joined the Navy and moved back to the Pacific Northwest when I retired for the second time. I have to say, I really love it out here! I think I'd have a hard time living anywhere else . . . I'm officially spoiled now!

I took this photo about five miles from my house . . .

DSCF2869_zpscxoyudl5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:twirl

Thank you! :wave. I grew up not far from Maupin in a small eastern Oregon cow-and-logging town. Left when I joined the Navy and moved back to the Pacific Northwest when I retired for the second time. I have to say, I really love it out here! I think I'd have a hard time living anywhere else . . . I'm officially spoiled now!

I took this photo about five miles from my house . . .

DSCF2869_zpscxoyudl5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:twirl

Great pic!!

Finally joined the MOA

Finally joined the MOA after my mechanic (to remain anonymous):thumb put the heat on me to join. Really was something I needed to do and I am looking forward to doing some stuff with all you guys. Figured I'd post here first since my first BMW was an old airhead. IMG_0064.jpg

picture

Finally joined the MOA after my mechanic (to remain anonymous):thumb put the heat on me to join. Really was something I needed to do and I am looking forward to doing some stuff with all you guys. Figured I'd post here first since my first BMW was an old airhead. View attachment 58558

Now that you are in a joining mode take that nice 78 100 S and join the Airheads and get involved in doing fun Airhead stuff.

Friedle

MOA 15249
Airhead 46

Thanks for the flyscreen info. Our /5s are pretty much rigged the same, I've got the headlight "protector" on mine as well. You make a good point about "key" clearance, I'd run a little bikini fairing if I could get the key in.

Here's a couple of views of Mt. Hood taken during the Fireflight Rendezvous in Maupin, OR. My venerable /5 graces the foreground . . . :)

On the outskirts of the sprawling burg of Dufur. (604 breathing bodies in the 2010 census).

Mt%20Hood%20fm%20Dufur_zps1rpfhqvu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So wish there was a Like button

This is a great photo !!

Back