• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

It's not an issue of original vs. straight lines. Your valve covers look to be reversed. The straight lines should connect the carbs with the exhausts. When the left and right covers are switched, they look misaligned. Makes us OCD types cringe. [emoji38]

Beautiful bike, by the way!

So you're saying take the right cover off and put it on the left cylinder and vice versa?? Never noticed the problem but will give it a try.

So you're saying take the right cover off and put it on the left cylinder and vice versa?? Never noticed the problem but will give it a try.

Yes exactly! /7 and later valve covers have indications for R for Rechts (right) and L for Links (left) it shows the horizontal lines will be not at an slight angle as it appears to be in your photograph, it will be horizontal, aligned with your header pipes.

It appears from your posted photograph that they are currently inverted. Say the left is on the right side and the right on the left side, thus the slight angle.

Cheers!

The herd..........

ok, so one of the mistresses is not an actually airhead...... shoot me, I like 'em all!

Attachments

• P1040910.jpg
    P1040910.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_8354.jpg
    IMG_8354.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 369
  • P1070696.jpg
    P1070696.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 370
My 88 - R100RT

Just getting to know this bike. Sold my GSA and this is now my main ride. First time attaching a photo. Hope this works. :scratch
2015 (742).jpg

Back