• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

1974 r90/6

1974 R90/6 Hannigan ST fairing w/extensions, Craven Bags, Russell seat, Reynolds rack, lightened flywheel, luffmister: wrist pins, 3pc oil rings, cast iron front disc, stainless steel brake hose, Boyer electronic ignition, gauges (oil pressure, oil temp, volt cylinder head temp clock), K&N filter, Bing carb kit, Auto-comm intercom/CB, progressive front spring kit, Koni rear shocks. l side r90.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Nice bike...great protection going down the road. Like the things you've done to it...personally, I'd go back to the OEM paper filter...filters better and doesn't choke any air to the motor. But overall, keep ridin'!! :thumb Come back, good buddy!

air filter on r90/6

I have both the original air box and paper filter. The current set-up is a something I ran into in a modification discussion years back. It was an attempt to gain more flow. The use of the K&N filter with a drilled out air box. You can,t see the holes (1/2dia x8-holes x 2rows) in the pic due the fact they are on the radius along the top (under the tank) and back (facing the battery). this keeps the weather out and provides more available intake than stock. For sure the air box mods allow for more flow, K&N filter is a question I can,t qualify personally, only by their advertisement.

1978 r100/7

IMG_0151.jpg

My Dad's old bike. Has sat garaged for about 20 years. Doing a complete "rebuild" replacing every darn O-ring and seal I can find (already done: carbs, front brake caliper, front brake master cylinder). Had a large front fairing, rear trunk and hard side cases that I stripped off for now. Going to replace the saddle one of these days.

Sweet lookin' motorsickle, for sure.

attachment.php

Indeed! I live in Pismo, but my shop is in Oceano, why haven't I seen you around town? Ever show up at the Donut Shop meet on Saturday mornings?

sov steed.jpg

Very nice bike plexiform... who lets him know about the valve covers... 😜
Below is mine. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 355
Lovin' this thread, and the pics are great! Here's The 90 on a recent cruise out to Hope Valley, and at a show in S. Lake Tahoe.

90-2.JPG

Attachments

• 90-3.JPG
    90-3.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 319
See you at the donut shop!

attachment.php

Indeed! I live in Pismo, but my shop is in Oceano, why haven't I seen you around town? Ever show up at the Donut Shop meet on Saturday mornings?

View attachment 52422

I do go to there sometimes but usally in a car. I'll ride the airhead next time I go. I saw an R90s pass me on 101 headed there yesterday. Hopefully will run in to you soon.

I've always liked the straight lines on the newer covers....but love the look of the original covers also.
It's not an issue of original vs. straight lines. Your valve covers look to be reversed. The straight lines should connect the carbs with the exhausts. When the left and right covers are switched, they look misaligned. Makes us OCD types cringe. [emoji38]

Beautiful bike, by the way!

It's not an issue of original vs. straight lines. Your valve covers look to be reversed. The straight lines should connect the carbs with the exhausts. When the left and right covers are switched, they look misaligned. Makes us OCD types cringe. [emoji38]

Now that you've pointed that out, its drivin' me nuts! Plexiform, for the love of Pete, make it right! :laugh

Beautiful bike, by the way!

What he said! ^^^

And once more, very beautiful bike! Thank you for sharing!

Back