• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

My 71 R75/5

89K miles on Heinrich, but still runs pretty sweet.

Here is a shot of the R80ST with the bag mounts removed, the Avons, and the deflector shield. It works well this way. I plan on using Nelson Rigg touring saddlebags and the bag mounts for longer journeys.

34811327-M.jpg

Does this count as an Airhead? :dance

Attachments

• P1010006 (Small).JPG
    P1010006 (Small).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,047
Picture of my Airhead

Aren't these "FUN" to ride? This one has several "modifications" to make it better.

Attachments

• 84 R100RS.jpg
    84 R100RS.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2,011
1976 R90/6

Here's my '76 R90/6. I found it with the engine in several boxes and everything else scatered throughout the previous owners garage. The paint is all original (with liberal amounts of touch-up paint,) the top case has been taken off (because it broke the brackets) and the engine has recently had polish and serious elbow grease applied to it. I'll post a new "Shiney engine" photo later. It has 110K on the clock.

Attachments

• 1976R90_6.jpg
    1976R90_6.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,961
Oldie but Goodie

My tried & true steed, 1990 R100GSPD, at Lemhi Pass on the Montana/Idaho border.

Attachments

• Looking East from Lemhi Pass (Small).JPG
    Looking East from Lemhi Pass (Small).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,152
My 77 R100RS after

This is the after picture of my 1977 R100RS. It is indeed a hoot to ride and pleasant to glance at in my garage.

Attachments

• 77R100RS_rt_after.jpg
    77R100RS_rt_after.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,132
Great looking bikes!!!

Those are great looking bikes! I love looking at and riding airheads.
Keep those pictures coming.
:dance

peteremsley said:
Rob, it looks beautiful... how about a pic or two of the 'before', to give me some hope (3pics up) ! :)

Here are a couple taken the day I got the bike home. I'm not certain that the pix will tell the entire story of the amount of dirt, corrosion, rust, scratched paint, etc. that is eliminated during a re-do. I actually enjoyed the process as I wasn't rushed (I took nearly 2 years!) and had a pretty healthy budget. The healthy budget was due to the low price that I initially paid for the bike. The bike was purchased from a local BMW dealer and I'm actually lucky that many dealers don't want to fool with the older airheads. Thus the dealers are often willing to let the "before" bikes go for a song.

Attachments

• front wheel.JPG
    front wheel.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,124
Another "before" for the 77 RS

Here is yet another "before" pix of the 77 R100RS. Cleaning was via a combination of steel brush, scotchbrite pads, and chemicals including kerosene and simple green/water (1:10 ratio). Oh yeah, add some elbow grease... :)

Attachments

• left carb.JPG
    left carb.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,123
Back