• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

looks like Edna Valley, looking east, to me... . . Haven't seen you on the street.... where do you hide that thing?
icon_wink.gif

Edna Valley Indeed!

looks like Edna Valley, looking east, to me... . . Haven't seen you on the street.... where do you hide that thing?
icon_wink.gif

You sure know your central coast views! I'm in Grover Beach...I get out to cruise the area every now and then. Not enough though. What do you ride...I'll keep an eye out for you.

Hey guys, new here just got a MOA membership as an early Christmas gift.

Just picked up this guy in May, first bike on my own. 1977 R75/7

Lr2jo.jpg

gyLUQ.jpg

I have since removed the fairing and just finished a 15,000km tuneup taught by a local service shop specializing in BMW motorbikes. It runs great, just a shame with the dump of snow this weekend that winter is officially here in Calgary...

Last edited:
Looks just like my '78 R100/7...except I don't have the fork brace, the black valve covers, no bag racks like that, mirrors are different, and I have a back rest and a rideoff stand. But other than that, it's just like mine! :stick

Thanks, oh I got rid of the fork brace as well since I took the big fairing off, gonna look for the chrome bars to go over. Came with Krauser bags and a cover as well as some other misc hardware. That was about all the PO had for the bike other than the ownership. Although I cannot confirm originality, the odo clock currently shows 25,xxx km (19,500 in May) on it, and it does run very nice just minor issues to address from what I've seen so far. Hoping it lasts a long time it's been a joy to ride and a real headturner!

1978 R100rs My new ride

Just bought this R100rs...the gold one a '78....I would like to have the blue one too;it's a '77rs....my '80 rs/euro mdl...burned two years ago..I had it for 30 years....tried a k75s and a r1150rs since then but it just was not the same. I'm a happy man again.
dwb:dance

Attachments

• dwb rs1.jpg
    dwb rs1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 832
Anoter pic of my gold rs

I can't stop looking at it; you know what I mean.:laugh

Attachments

• dwb rs two.jpg
    dwb rs two.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 828
Sibling Rivalry

rsbeemer,you certainly live up to your handle.An old riding buddy that I had known since childhood bequeathed me his(original owner, identical to yours)RS and what a joy it is!I even have the "mini RT" windshield as I was getting tired of near decapitation via the slipsteam-sacrilege!Mine is a slotted Parabellum-what brand is your tinted screen?Enjoy.Russ '78 R100RS,'78 R80/7,'76 R90/6(lawn sculpture)

My first BMW was a K75S which did everything great but was almost like an appliance and a little boring. I replaced it witha 77 R100S which I'd always liked and I'm happy now. I like the lower center of gravity of an airhead too.

My First BMW

This is My 74 90/6 can anyone help me I rode it for 3 weeks no problems now I have no power almost like the choke is on but it's not. Strange sounds coming from right cylinder. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• BMW1.jpg
    BMW1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 751
New bike... My first BMW

All great looking bikes. New for me week 3. OCD really sucks. Shes going back together.

Attachments

• IMAG0266.jpg
    IMAG0266.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 660
Happy New Year!

My 76 R90/6 -- summer of 2011.
Looking forward to my new membership and to the offering the road will bring in 2012.
Taken along North Dakota Highway 66, south of Langdon North Dakota -- near one of the state's largest wind farms. And far in the background relics of the Cold War - an ICBM launch site, the Stanley R. Mickelson Safegaurd Complex.

Attachments

• S_wind-farm_07.jpg
    S_wind-farm_07.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,082
Last edited:
Back