• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

Saweeet! It's nice to be at the right place at the right time! :thumb

really wanted the "c" but it had a couple of issues i couldn't get past. the seller also had a rockster for sale (along with two other oilheads) and we went into his basment/garage to see it. i noticed an airhead in a corner of the basement that was dark, walked over and holy grail!, it was an r90s. asked what the deal was on it. during that conversation i asked if he wanted to sell it and he said he had been thinking about it. owned it for over five years and had never gotten around to doing anything with it.
good-bye oilheads, hello piece of bmw history. immediate tunnel vision on the 90s. when i asked him how much, it was a surprisingly modest amount. i countered and the deal was struck. included were owners manual, both keys, tire pump, and one mirror.

carb clean, steering stem bearings (grease had long gone bad), odyssey battery, m/c rebuild, tires, valve adjust, and other odds and ends.

90s

OMG what a find! Congrats!! Pinch yourself as it's 2011 & you should be a proud guy with lots of smiles about now. Enter it in the MOA National classic old bike contest next year.

:brad

GJBIV

My wife's 1977 R60/7 with a real one

This is Sabaka my real husky on my wife's 1977R60/7 with only 11,000 miles on it. She usually rides with me on my R1100RT but she didn't want me to leave without her when I went to gas up the bikes to go to the Chief Joseph Rally this year. She needn't worry, she's going to the rally with us next year!

Attachments

• five.jpg
    five.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 674
Rothagaarige Puma

What up Guys!
Here's the Rothagaarige Puma- (Red-headed Cougar)...
A '77 R100S I found last spring- I've done a fair amount of work to her since then (with the help of many of you here! gracias again!!)

But she's a beast now! Got her with 33K miles, and I've put about 4K on her this summer (daily driver).

But yeah- I like her!! So much so, I think my landlord questions my sanity because I spend waaaaay too much time in the driveway just staring at her!!

But as a buddy of mine remarked the first time her saw her, "the great thing about a cool motorcycle, is that, even when you're just looking at it, you get to go on a little adventure"

Attachments

• MM_&_grass_lensblur.jpg
    MM_&_grass_lensblur.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 638
I do the same thing after a ride on my RS or my '77 Bonneville for that matter.Sometimes I just sit out in the garage and look at them while having a beer or coffee. My wife always ask what I'm doing out there just sitting.I want to tell her "if you have to ask you just don't get it". Nice bike ,I like the red.

80' R100RT

Took it out today. This thing runs better and better.....

6228994448_2f6b878108_b.jpg

Just brought this home last night :D

Needs a bit cleaning and a few missing pieces, but most everything is there.

DSC_2800.JPG

wow..i have the same bike, but the paint on this one is soooooo sweet... yes, ain't nothing like a fine running airhead.....fall is upon us in the PNW.. zipped the lined in my riding jacket!

My R100R taking a break in Croatia

My R100R taking a break in Croatia

Attachments

• R100R taking a break.jpg
    R100R taking a break.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 616
BMW R100R bugs eye view 01 in Austria

BMW R100R bugs eye view 01 in Austria. This is my first Airhead and I am loving it.

Attachments

• BMW R100R bugs eye view 01.jpg
    BMW R100R bugs eye view 01.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 615
BMW R100R bugs eye view 02 in Austria

BMW R100R bugs eye view 02 in Austria

Attachments

• BMW R100R bugs eye view 02.jpg
    BMW R100R bugs eye view 02.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 616
Back