• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

My "new" 94 R100GS

Just acquired Saturday, R100GS. Great running bike, almost like new. Really fun to ride.

Attachments

• r100gs.jpg
    r100gs.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 2,641
I love this Bike

Just took delivery of a 1992 R100RS. 7,000 miles and in superb condition. Runs and looks sweet. I love this bike! :)

11158866-M.jpg

Moe L.

That's a beauty Moe :clap Where did you find one with only 7,000 miles? My '84 R100RS had 14K on it a couple of years ago when I found it up in MN.

Mick :type

Mick, Thanks. I purchased it from a guy in New Mexico. It took a giant leap of faith for me to buy the bike over the net. The seller was a great guy and helped with the shipping. The bike was actually better than I expected.

Moe L.

Moelaz said:
Mick, Thanks. I purchased it from a guy in New Mexico. It took a giant leap of faith for me to buy the bike over the net. The seller was a great guy and helped with the shipping. The bike was actually better than I expected.

Moe L.

Moe,
That is very similar to my purchase. I had looked for a nice R100RS Twin Shock for about 3 years. Drove over to Ca to look at a couple that were described as (Excellent condition) NOT. Finally found the one in MN and bought it over the net (IBMWR Marketplace). The owner even arranged the shipping and when it arrived I was very pleasantly surprised that it was even better than the pictures and history indicated.
Congrats on getting a good one!

Mick

bmwmick said:
Moe,
That is very similar to my purchase. I had looked for a nice R100RS Twin Shock for about 3 years. Drove over to Ca to look at a couple that were described as (Excellent condition) NOT. Finally found the one in MN and bought it over the net (IBMWR Marketplace). The owner even arranged the shipping and when it arrived I was very pleasantly surprised that it was even better than the pictures and history indicated.
Congrats on getting a good one!

Mick

Thanks Mick,

Love my R100RS

Moe
92' R100RS
96' K1100RS

My idea of winter bike storage

Somehow,when ya can't get out t'ride,with the temperature sittin'at 40 below,it just makes ya feel good,seein'yer scoot,sittin'in the livin'room...

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 2,510
Oznay said:
Somehow,when ya can't get out t'ride,with the temperature sittin'at 40 below,it just makes ya feel good,seein'yer scoot,sittin'in the livin'room...

:thumb :thumb

1971 R75/5

I bought my R75 from the original owner after it had sat for almost 20 years following an electrical short in the main wiring bundle. The pistons were seized, the rubber was rotting, and various parts were missing. It took me two years to get it back into running condition, but it's a sweet bike now. It made the trip to the Spokane rally and back with no problems.
pmdave

Attachments

• R75 small.JPG
    R75 small.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,482
1980 R100 Ural sidecar rig

I bought the R100 new in 1980, and after many years of use I converted it to a sidecar outfit. The conversion got further modified in 1997 to run in the LA-Barstow-Las Vegas dual sport desert ride. I gave the rig to my son, and it has been in Virginia for several years, but It's about to make the coast-to-coast trip back "home" to Washington state for a rebuild.
pmdave

Attachments

• R100 Ural rig small.JPG
    R100 Ural rig small.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 2,486
Hello Dave,

Those are two great looking bikes. But I have to admit that the rig looks like one sweeeet ride.

Fantastic.

My latest Airhead, an award winner!

Here is my "new" '91 R100GS/PD that I picked up this summer. As you can see, it is an award winner. My town has a bike show during it's homecoming celebration each August and I entered the PD. It won it's class. This photo is with the trophy the same day as the show. Can you guess what class?

Attachments

• classwinner.jpg
    classwinner.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,440
Ksrob said:
Here is my "new" '91 R100GS/PD that I picked up this summer. As you can see, it is an award winner. My town has a bike show during it's homecoming celebration each August and I entered the PD. It won it's class. This photo is with the trophy the same day as the show. Can you guess what class?

Big German Dual Sports? :buds :wave :)

Those are some sweet rides y'all got. Here's mine. Well... it's not mine yet, but I've got a deposit on it, and as soon as I sell my F650, I can pay it off.

Attachments

• 5-R100.jpg
    5-R100.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 2,655
Here's Black Beauty...

She's been my daily rider for the last 3 years, a '77 R100RS, I call her "Halle" for short...
normal_Dec_02_001.jpg

Last edited:
Hey snoskier, did you get that bike from "Duke" in Illinois? I almost bought that bike. Send me an e mail if you would, I have a couple questions.

Barry

I think I am in love

Here is the latest addition to the stable minus the aftermarket stuff. It is a 1984 R80ST. (all you guys with deposits, I have my ST first :D )
15805121-M.jpg

Back