• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

My old '94 R100GS/PD

I sold her in 2004 and now ride a '99 R11S...the PD handles way better in the curves but lacks good brakes and passing power.

Attachments

• DanPD1998_1.jpg
    DanPD1998_1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,972
Here's a picture of her after numerous mods

Notice the twin stacked Osram HID Driving Lights (Xenarc X1010 Kit) where the old square one used to be. I also Dual Plugged w/9.5:1 Pistons, Ohlins on the rear, Progressive Fork Springs, LED Taillight, EBC Brake Disc, Braided Steel Brake Line, SigmaSport Cyclo-Computer, K&N OEM Replacement Filter, Rejeted #140 Mains and dropped needle 1 notch, SuperTrapp 2-into-1 w/8 discs, and WUDO Oil Pan Extension for 3.5 Liters Oil total in the sump...among too many other mods to mention (47 in all).

I miss the cornering fun that always had the sport bikers follow behind a 60 HP two cylinder bike with skinny tires...

Attachments

• mypd41.jpg
    mypd41.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,951
Here it is directly Petey's R100

Here it is again! The R100 in Thatcher (NYS) Park. Near Albany, NY.

Attachments

• bikesmall2 003.jpg
    bikesmall2 003.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,906
More photos please!

I'd like to see more photos on here. Here's one of my red bike' engine to bump the thread:

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,876
knary said:
oh my

851752229203_0_BG.jpg

:clap

This is a great bike! Are the rearsets custom made?

Rearsets

Thanks! Your bike is an inspiration and I am getting many great ideas from it!

pedrocasper said:
Thanks! Your bike is an inspiration and I am getting many great ideas from it!

It's giving a lot of us the vapors....! :dance Anyway, back down to earth, here's my own airhead, just aquired it recently, not many miles yet but I expect to disappear off the screen very shortly.

Attachments

• 78 R80-6 2.jpg
    78 R80-6 2.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,794
larrylarry75 said:
It's giving a lot of us the vapors....! :dance Anyway, back down to earth, here's my own airhead, just aquired it recently, not many miles yet but I expect to disappear off the screen very shortly.

One more view, looking at bike pics is a lot like eating potato chips... :eat
Notice how skillfully I cropped the front tire? :hungover I like this beastie a lot, gonna have to think of a name real soon. Difficult task, only vehicle I ever owned that had a name was my '66 Lancia ralley car, everyone called it the Yellow Peril....for good reasons....

Attachments

• 78 R80-6 3.jpg
    78 R80-6 3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,797
Meyer's All-Day-Long saddle

jmerlino said:
Sweet. You sure got that thing packed up. Not planning to be home for a while?

What kind of saddle is that?

Hi Joe,
The saddle is one of Meyer's All-Day-Long models and came with the bike. Lucky for me the guy who had it made is about the same size as me so it fits. The photo was taken when I was doing a load check to see how much stuff I could hang on it and still ride comfortably. I'm heading solo to Alaska this coming May, figure to be gone at least a month so lots of planning is in order.
:bliss

Neat setup for touring. That type of setup was real common when I got into the BMW rally scene in the mid 80's. Still see alot of them at rallies today. I had a 74 R90 set up very simular, and toured thousands of miles that way. I'ts now apart undergoing a ground up resto. There was a BMW shop in Ft. Smith, AR. called Danny's, back in the 70's and 80's, who set up R100RTs and Ts just like that. We called them Danny's Specials and I still see them around the Ar, Ok, ,and Tx. area rallies. Good luck with your new ride.

larrylarry75 said:
Hi Joe,
The saddle is one of Meyer's All-Day-Long models and came with the bike. Lucky for me the guy who had it made is about the same size as me so it fits.
Cool. What do you think of it? At some point I'm going to have to do something about the crap-ass Corbin that's on my bike now.

jmerlino said:
Cool. What do you think of it? At some point I'm going to have to do something about the crap-ass Corbin that's on my bike now.
Joe I'm not sure if Meyers are still in biz but I'd think they are, their saddle's very comfortable, for me at least. I have a Corbin on my Aprilia Pegaso and I like that too but have never been on a long ride with it. Corbin made the saddle for me before I received the bike whereas I think Meyers requires you to send in your old one to be reupholstered. As a note of interest, I'm vertically challenged (29" inseam) so my reason for ordering the Corbin was to gain a 1" drop in seat height. As it happened the new seat was no different than the original except it's a lot nicer so I kept it. I contacted Corbin about it and they said to return it and they'd redo it for me, but being the procrastinator I am I neglected to do it and just learned to ride the bike the way it was. Now I sort of wish I'd done it as I really love the bike but it's too tall for me. Normally I do just fine but when I get into one of those sticky wickets like stopping on gravel or slippery surfaces I tend to do the giraffe split and it ain't fun. Hope this windy answer helps, thanks for your comments.
Larry

gezerbike said:
Here's my 95 GSPD Classic

The only thing that stopped me from buying a new one of these was having bought a new R1100RS the year before. I just love that bike. The one I was looking at was European spec. Man, I could kick myself a dozen times for not making a deal. Very Nice.

Back