• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

My R75/7 'Purple Haze' last fall in, and you'll love the name of this, Riding Mountain National Park Manitoba, Canada

purplehaze.jpg

Dan, Great looking bike. What kind of windscreen is that?

Toaster Project for the Winter

...some assembly required and I'm looking forward to it. I saved a pair of white Krausers a while back, just because they were ugly and different. They'll fit nicely on the toaster. :drink

1972_r60_slash5.jpg

Fortunatley I have a great sense of humor. ;)
I've already taken him for a couple short rides on the local two lane roads. He loves wearing his new full face helmet and cruising along. He especilly enjoys it when you snap the hack up into the air and keep it up for a while. :dance I know if I was a kid that would be the coolest thing ever. Hopefully she will ease up soon and not be so protective. Here's a picture that she actually took and all she said was, " Be careful."

What a thrill, for both of you! Cool ride.

Is that a Wixom fairing? Anyone have a line on a fairing like that?

I know a guy that has 2 wixom fairings right now that would fit correctly with the smaller headlight of a /5 or /2. PM me for contact info.

...some assembly required and I'm looking forward to it. I saved a pair of white Krausers a while back, just because they were ugly and different. They'll fit nicely on the toaster. :drink

1972_r60_slash5.jpg

I didn't know BMW made unicycles!:laugh Don't mind me, I'm just envious.

1974 R90/6

Bought in April. Refurbishing while riding.
First BMW was 75 R75/6 and always regretted selling it.

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 954
What a thrill, for both of you! Cool ride.

Is that a Wixom fairing? Anyone have a line on a fairing like that?

Thanks I really enjoy it also. I have no idea what type of fairing it is becasue it came on the bike. I didn't see any type of name on it either when I took it off.

Sleek. I'm sure it's getting chilly riding PGH.

Why yes it is. Snowing pretty good outside right now. I was thinking about doing a little ride to test out the new Garmin and Autocom system. Wet snow and leaves on the road. :scratch Damn thats a bad combination. I decided to put the front fairing back on also. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• Garmin and garage goodness (3).JPG
    Garmin and garage goodness (3).JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 892
Rs

Here is my '78 R100RS,sold my R80/7 and picked this one up for $2500. It's going to need about $1000 in maintenance/repairs,tires etc. Well worth it though.
George

Rs

Here is my '78 R100RS,sold my R80/7 and picked this one up for $2500. It's going to need about $1000 in maintenance/repairs,tires etc. Well worth it though.
George

Attachments

• P1040133.jpg
    P1040133.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 837
Rolling Sculpture

I've heard of a few bikes being called "rolling sculpture" over the past few years, but if any bike clearly fits that description; it has to be the R100Rs. It may take me a few more years, but the RS is definitely one bike that is on my personal "bucket list." :heart

Rolling Sculpture?

This is my 3rd R100RS. My first one looked just like this, purchased "gently used" in 1979. Second one was like the Gold '78 in the previous post. This one is the sweetheart of the three (I loved ALL of them) and is a non-CFO model, unlike the other two. Rolling Sculpture indeed! Put on a couple hundred miles today in brisk, gusty winds and occasional light rain. I like it better every time I ride.

Attachments

• Phaedrus_2008.jpg
    Phaedrus_2008.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 990
Nice Bike !

This is my 3rd R100RS. My first one looked just like this, purchased "gently used" in 1979. Second one was like the Gold '78 in the previous post. This one is the sweetheart of the three (I loved ALL of them) and is a non-CFO model, unlike the other two. Rolling Sculpture indeed! Put on a couple hundred miles today in brisk, gusty winds and occasional light rain. I like it better every time I ride.

Awesome your style....
which animal ? bear? buffalo ?

cozy ride

. . .and with the bags painted

I finally found the time to finish the saddlebags for the 80. Also managed to put flashing (brakes) LEDs in the tail light and some 'cateye' LED lights on the bags. The rest of the story about this bike is over on Chromeheads. :type

Attachments

• !IMG_4146.jpg
    !IMG_4146.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 963
Rolling Sculpture, etc.

That is just a plain-old SHEEP skin lying there on Phaedrus' back.

I learned this trick some thirty years ago from a high-miler BMW freak.

This is sooooooo much more comfortable than sitting on vinyl plastic; cool in summer, warm in winter and nice and snuggly ALL the time!

Also, you have something to put on the ground if you want to take a nap, have a picnic, or whatever.

Not everybody cares for the way it looks - I don't care. I like it!

CFO = California Florida Oregon

After a certain serial number (after a certain date, actually) , US models were required to meet more stringent noise requirements of those three states.

All the later bikes had "CFO" stamped on the crankcase, above the oil filler by the engine serial number.

The so-called "CFO machines" had smaller carbs, smaller diameter pipes/mufflers and reduced performance. Euro-spec bikes were immune from CFO.

Back