• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

1992 GS100
site1013.JPG

lorazepam said:
Nice bike and road! I know a few roads with scenery like that.

One of my favorate roads, nice little valley that runs between two ranges of the Blue Ridge, at the end this was taken at the valley closes up into a small narrow passage with a great trout stream running along next to it, fall riding is great, airheads love that kinda weather!

RM

This airhead is available!

This interesting rig is for sale!

The "Queen Mary" is a 1977 R75/5, mated to a mid-sixties Watsonian Monza, with a Russell seat and BMW bags from the 80's, and leading link forks and re-enforced cutaway swingarm from the 90's.

It has been a fun project bike and a cool sidecar to run around with, but my son has outgrown the car and I could use the garage space and extra bucks for future bike projects.

I'm shooting for around $7K for it, but I really want to get it out and living in a new home.

Attachments

• scsideshot.jpg
    scsideshot.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 5,097
CORRECTION!

In 1977, BMW was making the R75/7

The Queen is a /7, not a /5.......

(...Gertie was a /5, the Queen is a /7......douh!)

Another airhead GS

Here is my 92 R100GS at Buffalo Creek, Missouri (extreme SW corner of the state) It looks so clean because I had just dumped it into the creek coming across the low water crossing in too deep of water, (DOH!) and I had to push it out. Notice the left mirror is at a crazy angle. No permanent damage, just a wet riding suit and water in my boots.

Attachments

• buffalo creek 1 editjpeg.jpg
    buffalo creek 1 editjpeg.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 4,878
Airhead picture

First attemp to post a picture. Let me know how it works. My personal bike. Wife has a blue one. If you look closely, you'll know I'm a dirtbag.

Attachments

• mvc-007f.jpg
    mvc-007f.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 4,842
Good one

Good first picture post.
Good lookin' bike. (we wanna see the blue one now!)

Saint Patricks Day Parade....

Here is picture of my R75/5 Toaster with Dnepr sidecar as we were about to lead the St. Pat's Day Parade in Roanoke VA

Attachments

• parade0007.jpg
    parade0007.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4,776
Re: Saint Patricks Day Parade....

Hank Pfister said:
Here is picture of my R75/5 Toaster with Dnepr sidecar as we were about to lead the St. Pat's Day Parade in Roanoke VA

Hey Kool Hank! I see you've rigged it so you can drive from the side car, I always wanted to do that with a outrigger setup myself :rofl

RM

OK,
Youse guys made me do it. Here is my '84 (first) Last Edition R100RS. This pic is overlooking Tucson from mile marker 3 on Mt Lemmon Highway.
I had the Dual seat on this day but it came with both the Solo and the Dual. I keep the Solo on about 99% of the time because it just looks better. :brow

Mick

Attachments

• r100rs_mtlemmon_sm.jpg
    r100rs_mtlemmon_sm.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 4,666
bmwmick said:
OK,
Youse guys made me do it. Here is my '84 (first) Last Edition R100RS. This pic is overlooking Tucson from mile marker 3 on Mt Lemmon Highway.
I had the Dual seat on this day but it came with both the Solo and the Dual. I keep the Solo on about 99% of the time because it just looks better. :brow

Mick

Damn fine. Where did you get your tank cover - looks sweet.

Wes, Thanks!
It's a Bagster and I have one on each bike. I modified a Multivario base so I can use my Multivario bag on all three bikes. I can also use the Bagster Alpha bag but it's pretty HUGE for anything other than long trips.

Mick

Bagster, hmmm....

I've got a Bagster on my GS - never thought about them making some for the older bikes. Cool.

Great ride on a great lookin bike

"This pic is overlooking Tucson from mile marker 3 on Mt Lemmon Highway."

That is one fine riding road up to Mt Lemmon. Haven't made that trip in forever, but your picture just made me drool thinking about it!!! Thanks.
(I was out there two years ago, but it was a family trip - you know four of us in a van.......)

The road has been closed part of the time since our big fire. The Mt Lemmon Cafe is about the only structure left in Summer Haven. You wouldn't recognize the place.
They hope to have the road damage repaired by May or June from what I've read. Lots of guard rail posts burnt to the ground and just 'dropped' the metal.

Mick

Here is a pic of my previous Airhead(NO, not my wife) . It's a 1984 60th Anniversary Edition

Mick

Attachments

• micklindarockstore4.jpg
    micklindarockstore4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4,574
Back