• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Clawfoot

Check out the modified main stand on my '78 R80/7.The PO was a pretty decent welder who siamesed the feet from another stand for extra stability.If nothing else it's a nice conversation piece.I have a set of '78 R100RS big valve/big pipe (40mm)dual plugged heads and 9.5 pistons to add to the mix when I can find a pair of good stock jugs.It would make a fine sleeper despite the olds cool barn door.My other '78 is a low km R100RS crouch rocket!Russ

Attachments

• 100_1737_2.jpg
    100_1737_2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 747
BMWs, Garage View

after cleaning the garage or after a ride, I get an Iron City Beer, a cigar and nice tunes on the garage stereo and just sit and look
garrynelson pittsburghPA

Tell us more about that r90s Joe!:bikes

Mike H
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

75 R90S

Original frame paint that looks nice, re pained fenders and tank, and it's in very nice shape. Switches have clear white lettering not faded or re done. Gages work. Belonged to a German Helicopter instructor 20 miles from my home.

nice bike

boy what a nice bike m249joe, I had one, a 1976 model TT smoke just like that in the seventies, back in Ireland , did you happen to notice the front fender is reversed ? lots of luck, Jimmy

Last edited:
boy what a nice bike m249joe, I had one, a 1976 model TT smoke just like that in the seventies, back in Ireland , did you happen to notice the front fender is reversed ? lots of luck, Jimmy

Thanks. 150mi ride today and I dind't notice the fender... Have to look into it.

1986, 61k. Taller screen, Corbin needs new cover, lower bars, miles of smiles.

Picture134.jpg

nice bike. since I have a 85 R80Rt I llike to compare when I see em. Asisde form the changes you list, it looks like different handlebar , def not stock grips. crash bars, but still has the broken chicken leg sidestand. Too nice of a bike to see it fall down on a wind gust.
How much taller of a windscreen, did you put it on, IM a tall guy, and think that maybe if mine was about 1 inch taller, I would get a bit less wind blast, not aht its bad now , and better than my last bike that had a luftmesister fairing, and better thena the RS I borrow on occasion,
Ive never been a fan of the corbin seats "of that style", but thats me, not slaming you , it actually looks good on the bike
( I like the more straight seat as I like to move around and change postion on longer rides)
Looks like we also have the same fold down back rest, I converted mine, so it still folds, but replaced the lower siwvels with pins, so I can just pop it off when I dont have a passanger or using it as a tie down support for tent or bag

again, very nice bike,

nice bike. since I have a 85 R80Rt I llike to compare when I see em. Asisde form the changes you list, it looks like different handlebar , def not stock grips. crash bars, but still has the broken chicken leg sidestand. Too nice of a bike to see it fall down on a wind gust.
How much taller of a windscreen, did you put it on, IM a tall guy, and think that maybe if mine was about 1 inch taller, I would get a bit less wind blast, not aht its bad now , and better than my last bike that had a luftmesister fairing, and better thena the RS I borrow on occasion,
Ive never been a fan of the corbin seats "of that style", but thats me, not slaming you , it actually looks good on the bike
( I like the more straight seat as I like to move around and change postion on longer rides)
Looks like we also have the same fold down back rest, I converted mine, so it still folds, but replaced the lower siwvels with pins, so I can just pop it off when I dont have a passanger or using it as a tie down support for tent or bag

again, very nice bike,

The bars were on it when I got it but I added the foam grips. The bars are a little lower and wider, more comfortable for me but the turning radius has been reduced as the levers contact the fairing sooner. The screen is about 1-1/2" taller than stock so I can still look over it but less turbulence around the helmet. The side stand has been modified so as to not pop up when the weight is off it so no worries of it going over. The corbin is old and needs to be refurbished but they are better when they have a few miles on them. I still have the original seat that's in great shape. Corbin quoted $175 for the refurb, basically a new seat from the pan up so I'll send it off this winter.

Back