• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Thought an Airhead in front of these two would be fun.

The Texaco is in the distance on the other side of the street from the Esso.

Trail-Ride-with-Red-003-L.jpg

Trail-Ride-with-Red-005-L.jpg

Love the bike Fred. I never get tired of seeing it!

Lookin' good! I think we may have the same model(?) Here's a picture of my 1973/74 R75/6. After a 30+ year storage, I have it running once again. I just sent the speedometer in for repair, had the seat cover repaired, seat trim replaced, new mufflers, etc. I have a pair of "lightly used" shocks to replace the originals and just received new fork seals and gators. However, it's running great! I find myself riding it much more often than my 2003 K1200RS - much easier to mount and dismount and just a joy to ride. Have fun brother...

Attachments

• 100_1341.jpg
    100_1341.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 988
Very nice. Just rode my '71 R50/5 over to Bikes on Beale in Memphis, Tn. You have a bike to be very proud of, good job. Barry.

Soledad Canyon Road near Aqua Dulce California, on my way home with my latest aquisition. I haven't had an airhead Beemer in the garage in 21 years and getting reacquainted with the quirks of these bikes has been interesting. Compared to my K bikes it feels so delicate! I had one of these when I lived in Australia and rode it all over that big country. I had to sell it to return to the US and have missed that bike ever since. This was a long time coming.

Attachments

• IMG_1485.JPG
    IMG_1485.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 933
My 1970 R75/5

I'm new to the forum. Here's a pic of my new bike. Thanks for all the posts I've read on my journey to getting this bike. The knowledge you've all shared has been invaluable.

Attachments

• My bike first ride.jpg
    My bike first ride.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 835
I found this 1991 RT on Craigs list two weeks ago. Its got 31,000 original miles, and I picked it up for $3200.00 :thumb

Attachments

• DSCN4442.jpg
    DSCN4442.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 773
Hello R80RT 1983

Hello all this is my R80Rt, bought it from original owner with 9000 miles last year in July, hope to ride it many years yet!!! Actually in pretty good shape I suppose.

Attachments

• P4151975P4151975.jpg
    P4151975P4151975.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 713
R80rt 1983

"Pretty good shape"?!!! Maybe like it looks like it just left the dealers showroom floor in 1983???

Did the original owner have amnesia and could not find his bike for the last 29 years?
:scratch :scratch

I thought I was pretty good at finding ultra clean used bikes. I am not in your league!

hello....

Thanks, the original owner actually sold it because of old age, he just stored it and kept it in great condition all those years!!! It was actually a big strike of luck!!!! From what I have read it should last a good many years yet...

Seat, petcocks, rear shocks, and Hoske silencers?

Has it had the pinstripes around the Toaster panels since the beginning? My '73 R75/5 did not...

BTW, sweet.

Has it had the pinstripes around the Toaster panels since the beginning? My '73 R75/5 did not...

BTW, sweet.

That's interesting Lew,... I was pondering this just yesterday. I have recently acquired a toaster tank so that I can have both tanks for my R75/5. The toaster will need to be re-painted because the apparently original silver is very tired. I would like to get it as right as possible.

What about the idea that some colors got the stripes and some did not. Your black bike does not. The black toaster that Bill Eppley donated for the MOA Foundation raffle a few years back did not have the stripes either. That one was certainly sporting the original paint.

BTW; that is one lovely R60/5 you have there, bmweuro.

BTW, sweet.

...and BM rearsets. Regarding pinstriping on toaster tanks. Here how the story goes. When the toaster tank came out in 72 the Europeans hated it, so in 73 BMW pinstriped the tank, offered rubber knee pads that had a cut out on the back side to clear the toaster panel clip and a rubber pad that surrounded the tank badge. The knee pads are still available from BMW and the emblem surround is next to impossible to find. I have all of the parts from my 73 but haven't decided to pull the trigger yet.

I would have to say if you bought your /5 new with a non pinstriped toaster tank that it was probably built in August or September of 72.

Thanks James:)

Back