• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Eye of the Beholder

Got my lovely conversion back from restoration at Bench Mark Works this spring. Cosmetics are the last thing on my list since I wanted to ride it and I will need to win a lottery or two to pay for the needed upgrades. So there I was with a friend in the garage admiring my gorgeous bike with 40 years of nicks, dents, gouges etc. The neighbour kid (20ish) drove in and I couldn't resist telling him to come and see my beautiful bike. The look on his face was priceless. He was horrified. Finally I said, "William just say it's beautiful." which he did in a strangled voice then fled,--undoubtedly to call the guys in white coats to come and take me away, haha.
:D Holly

Attachments

• Freyuvagn-in-PEI.jpg
    Freyuvagn-in-PEI.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,059
Eye of the Beholder

Okay, so it's got a little road dust on it. When you mention to the young neighbor you're thinking of riding it to Tierra del Fuego, do you suppose he'll faint?

Keep on rollin'

Bob

As a longtime airhead owner, it pleases me to see so many new riders gathering around our old bikes. Simpla Fi!

Probably

Okay, so it's got a little road dust on it. When you mention to the young neighbor you're thinking of riding it to Tierra del Fuego, do you suppose he'll faint?

Keep on rollin'

Bob

Is there any hope for the younger generation? It is so sad!

Picture of me that last time I was in Tierra del Fuego--leaving Ushuaia on the icebreaker.

Holly

Attachments

• leaving-Ushuaia.jpg
    leaving-Ushuaia.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,348
I've had her for roughly a month. 34,000 miles and picked her up for $2,800. Couldn't pass her up. The smoothest bike I have ever rode. Almost put a 1,000 miles on her just bumping around the roads of WV. Riding to Oklahoma next month.

BMW-JOB.jpg

Very nice! Will you be riding down to the Boxerworks Forum Rally?

Very nice! Will you be riding down to the Boxerworks Forum Rally?

Hi Veg, No, I have a brother living in the pan handle. Figure a decent length of a trip is in store before winter sets in.

Looks like a nice bike
a slight suggestion...you might want to pull off your air pollution stuff, it has been known to warp heads

Isamemon, I left the air pulse on and just threw in a wooden peg on each of the air ends of the lines. Ran it by Marvin at Holt BMW and saw no problem with it. Thanks again for the heads up. H

Hi my name's Gail, I am visiting from the K bike section.
I took this picture at the open house, but I don't know the model. :dunno
Please help. I will be glad to return the favor if you need a K bike identified.

2888287085_8bcebc41c8_b.jpg

See Phil Hawksley's site for some pictures:

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/bmwphotos.htm

Phil's site shows the LS with the red/black colors as suggested. This bike Gail pictured does have the small cockpit fairing which suggests it's an LS.

This page http://www.nebcom.com/noemi/moto/r65lsfaq.html says that the LS came in two colors, red and silver, and had the distinctive wedge fairing. Possibly the black mufflers have been changed out. So maybe this is an R65LS.

1973 R75/5 Lwb

It...was mine,

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,045
Hi my name's Gail, I am visiting from the K bike section.
I took this picture at the open house, but I don't know the model. :dunno
Please help. I will be glad to return the favor if you need a K bike identified.

Gail,

That is an R65LS, somewhere between '81-'84 (my wife has one). The silver ones had silver wheels, the red ones had white wheels. The exhausts were normally black. The fairing was designed by Hans Muth, the man responsible for the looks of the classic R90S and R100RS models, and also the original Suzuki Katana.

Hope that helped,
Bob

Vietnam 1997
1960 R69, yes it's a R69

Attachments

• 09_1997_baoloc_path_a.jpg
    09_1997_baoloc_path_a.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,016
1982 R100RT
Still running strong !
BMWMOA
Airheads

Attachments

• 100_1406.jpg
    100_1406.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 962
Last edited:
stirring the soul

There's something about taking the airhead out for some "beemer therapy" on an early morning ride; it just sort of stirs the soul.

Attachments

• twtx (6).jpg
    twtx (6).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,067
Last edited:
Back