• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Nice !

I am currently looking around for an RS fairing for my 85 R80 but like you I am a bit concerned over the bar being so far forward.

Also, anyone know if it's possible to put different handlebars on it? The current ones are a bit too far forward for me. Maybe I'll get used to them eventually. I'd also like to find some mirror extenders so I can see something more than my elbows.

This has been discussed on the main Airhead tech pages...suggest you do a search and/or pose your questions there.

Here's my rescue...

Before...

d46804fa.jpg

After...

30a43df6.jpg

There was a little more to it then just removing the windjammer and the trunk.....the forks were in bad shape, the carbs leaked badly, she got new skins, and wheel bearings too. The seat is ripped badly on the far side, and should be back from recovering next week. Only thing left to do is replace the pushrod tubes....then shes solid.

Last edited:
My 92 Vesco Special

Built this myself with my last Don Vesco fairing in my attic. Most confortable 2 up bike I have.

Bmw Joey

92BMWleftside.jpg

Last edited:
WOW that is sweet !!

I would like to see some pictures of a Vesco, a Hannigan , and an RS fairing mounted side by side to explore the differences.

My first airhead (and my winter project) - bought non-running and missing various bits last November, and patched together on a budget. Still a work in progress but makes my commute a lot more fun. Currently running without the s fairing.

i-n8F6Kmf-L.jpg

Just picked up this weekend. I sold my K75s a few weeks back and had to have another beemer.

Her name is Beatrice and she is in for a mild resto while remaining a daily ride.

Attachments

• R90side.jpg
    R90side.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 758
Looks like an almost complete machine.

Love that willy's jeep in the backround too.

It's a complete bike. It just needs some TLC..for instance, the entire exhaust needs a replacing. It works and sounds great, but it doesn't do the bike justice.

Here's the tank.

Attachments

• beatrice.jpg
    beatrice.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 755
Love that willy's jeep in the backround too.

The CJ3B was my father's...bought from the original owner in 1963 (the willys is a '60) and it was passed on to me when he became too infirm to drive it anymore.

Don't mean to be an art critique....but the gams on that tank art look like they belong on an Olympic sprinter. Bette Davis meets Carl Lewis:scratch

Girls didn't look like they all had eating disorders then. Most pinups of the 40's couldn't model for K-Mart today.

Looks pretty accurate for Vintage type Nose art

600/6

i think you have the makings of a nice bike ,my first bm, was an 1975 r60/6,I also had a1977600/7, both were great bikes and I rode the wheels of them,had a guy on a 850 motoguzzi lemans ask me did I have 1000 cylinders and pistons ,as he couldnt pass me on a down hill section ,I note yours has cv carbs installed ,a popular mod in the 1980,s but not standard,best of luck ,jimmy:thumb

i think you have the makings of a nice bike ,my first bm, was an 1975 r60/6,I also had a1977600/7, both were great bikes and I rode the wheels of them,had a guy on a 850 motoguzzi lemans ask me did I have 1000 cylinders and pistons ,as he couldnt pass me on a down hill section ,I note yours has cv carbs installed ,a popular mod in the 1980,s but not standard,best of luck ,jimmy:thumb

The Bings have been on for about 10 years...it also has (and I have not confirmed yet) R90 heads with dual plugs.

I have much to learn about the bike...I've been poring over the forums the past few days to glean whatever info I can from here...not a lot on the 60/6.

The tank painting is pretty accurate for what it is supposed to honor...but her legs could be a little less muscular.

Nostalgia

Thought an Airhead in front of these two would be fun.

The Texaco is in the distance on the other side of the street from the Esso.

Trail-Ride-with-Red-003-L.jpg

Trail-Ride-with-Red-005-L.jpg

Back