• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

What a beautiful bike...what else is there to say

Thanks. It's a joy to ride, as well.

aaaupldgb12.jpg

aaaagbrearupld.jpg

aaaaupldgbbars1.jpg

Sweet.....thanks again for more photos of that beautiful bike. The photography is excellent and really shows the bike as a unique picece of art...

80 R100rs

Recent photo of the "fleet" with the airhead in front. Still think the airheads are the best looking though the K bike grew on me.:bikes

Attachments

• P8093556_760.jpg
    P8093556_760.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,049
yep...very nice. I love the Rs...I have an Rt ...but i eventually removed the fairing and made it a bit more of a sport bike....but really like your bikes.

76 R60 / 6

Here's my new to me ride. My 3 year old loves riding in the side car.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 957
maybe your wife needs the 4 point leash:bolt

carefull ! ! !
your are treading on holy ground:
A - critisizing someone's spouse
B - encroaching on a mother's decision concerning her child's safety
I know your kidding but that could be a really sensitive place your poking.

:bolt

Fortunatley I have a great sense of humor. ;)
I've already taken him for a couple short rides on the local two lane roads. He loves wearing his new full face helmet and cruising along. He especilly enjoys it when you snap the hack up into the air and keep it up for a while. :dance I know if I was a kid that would be the coolest thing ever. Hopefully she will ease up soon and not be so protective. Here's a picture that she actually took and all she said was, " Be careful."

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,236
recent trip photo

I obviously don't know how to upload photos...even though it said it uploaded...

My '88 R100RS

I've had her for roughly a month. 34,000 miles and picked her up for $2,800. Couldn't pass her up. The smoothest bike I have ever rode. Almost put a 1,000 miles on her just bumping around the roads of WV. Riding to Oklahoma next month.

BMW-JOB.jpg

Looks like a nice bike
I thought the RS had more of a fairing up front
will you be doing your own wrenching on it
if so
make sure you lube your splines and
a slight suggestion...you might want to pull off your air pollution stuff, it has been known to warp heads
snobum has a nice article on this, how to do it, and the parts you need
very simple to do.Simple to put back, cost about $10. Do it the next time you change your air filter. YOu will not have to rejet anything, and local cops and inspectors dont know what supposed to be on the bike or not.
And the bike will look cleaner wihtout the extra hoses etc. just a thought

Awesome, Thanks for the insight Isamemon.
Actually the fairing wasn't with the bike which I don't mind. I like the look of the naked bike more so than the factory fairing. My own opinion, the fairing makes me think of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. ha

Thanks again. Time t go ride the BMX. h

Looks like a nice bike
I thought the RS had more of a fairing up front
will you be doing your own wrenching on it
if so
make sure you lube your splines and
a slight suggestion...you might want to pull off your air pollution stuff, it has been known to warp heads
snobum has a nice article on this, how to do it, and the parts you need
very simple to do.Simple to put back, cost about $10. Do it the next time you change your air filter. YOu will not have to rejet anything, and local cops and inspectors dont know what supposed to be on the bike or not.
And the bike will look cleaner wihtout the extra hoses etc. just a thought

I brought this little diamond in the rough home tonight. :newtoy

She's a 1952 R51/3 and has been in a garage since 1968. :heart

If you need me I'll be in the workshop... :deal

368754974_M3Rrk-M.jpg

368759347_GXQiw-M.jpg

Back