• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

Beautiful Cafe111:clap

Hoske tank? Supertrap stainless exhaust?
Chrome oil cooler, CC Products Valve covers, custom seat.

ALL very nice.

Thanks,
Mick

I did it!

I finally gave into my inner urges. I bought me another airhead. I had a R75 briefly in 91 or 92. After riding an oilhead to BMW rallies for 4 years I had a serious case of airhead envy. So tonight my 2000 Roadster shares the garage with this 1987 R65.

My plans are to remove the windscreen, replace the US spec handlebars with Euro spec handlebars and convert it to dual front discs.

MarkF

Bob_M fairing, etc.

Bob_M
That is one nice bike. It is also the look I want for my R100R- if I get the leaks stopped. Could you please tell me what type fairing, windscreen, bars, and mirrors those are? Classy!
mikea

Nice RT Jeff!

That is a beauty. I would happily trade my oilhead for a new looking monolever RT or RS. Well, maybe not but I would sure like one. Blue has always been my fav color, too.

MarkF

Mark, I did happily trade my oilhead for the R75/5 pictured in on page 3 or 4 of this thread. I was tired of collecting speeding tickets. I also collected more that enough cash to get a new roof on my house.

One more try

Here is my addition to the picture list.

1977 R100RS
I am the second owner.

MG

Attachments

• r100rs_1.jpg
    r100rs_1.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 3,123
Here's a closer view of the other woman in my life.

MG

Attachments

• r100rs_2.jpg
    r100rs_2.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 3,115
Here's my recently acquired R100s, dubbed Van Gogh. After some initial ignition trouble, I've put on about 1500 miles and love it. FYI, Skyler the cat does NOT ride along.

Steve

Attachments

• van gogh - skyler.jpg
    van gogh - skyler.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3,100
Mt. Snow, Vermont October 2003

Attachments

• mt2.jpg
    mt2.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 3,034
Here's a pic of my new R65 I picked up last week to keep my 86 R80RT company. 1984 with 6000 miles.......$650!! It was a bankruptcy auction at a lawyers office. They also had a 1986 K75 with 1200 miles that sold for $1150! I am kicking myself now for not buying that one also.

Attachments

• r65 a.jpg
    r65 a.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,977
mrmaico said:
Here's a pic of my new R65 I picked up last week to keep my 86 R80RT company. 1984 with 6000 miles.......$650!! It was a bankruptcy auction at a lawyers office. They also had a 1986 K75 with 1200 miles that sold for $1150! I am kicking myself now for not buying that one also.

Gee, that is a beauty. Guess I didn't get such a good deal after all. And you have dual discs to boot. I's be kicking myself over that K75, too.

MarkF

My seat finally came from Germany Friday. Had a chance to mount it and the "Authority" Bags this morning before work. Looks significantly more "Germanic" in person:

Attachments

• r bags.jpg
    r bags.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,957
Mutant GS using a conglomoration of Airheads as well as even some, egads! K bike stuff........

Attachments

• bmw750rt.jpg
    bmw750rt.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,908
Back