• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

R100 Cafe

Here's a better view of the seat, cowl and tail light. I think it simplifies
the rear end look.

Attachments

• R100 Blackie.jpg
    R100 Blackie.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 757
Nice job Jonhkuhn. I love what you've done with that bike. I particularly like what you did with the headlight and instrument cluster. Really streamlines the whole look. Can I ask how you went about it? Did you fabricate parts or are they from other manufacturers?
Many thanks and again, nice bike!

The headlight mounts are from a cafe bike parts site ( I forget which one). I slid them down the fork tubes to lower the headlight. Then I cut down the stock BMW instrument mount until the bottom of the tach/speedo is resting on the top of the headlight shell. The billet triple clamp is from San Jose BMW. Euro bars and handle bar mirror (from aerostich/rider wearhouse)

John Kuhn

ST Gets some bling

157000_10150327586595455_705935454_15995645_5572675_n.jpg

TOO CLEAN! Go find some forest access roads :) Report back with some "fun & dirty" pictures.

But seriously... Wow nice bikes. I miss my R80GSPD so much. Sold it to get a VW camper for family time. Bought the R100GS to get me time, hope my wife will join me once a while, actually hope to get her riding a F650GS at some point

76588_10150305169075455_705935454_15639915_2227402_n.jpg

watch me and my buddies and our bad ass skills.. :bolt

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjyyo837BeA?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjyyo837BeA?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TOO CLEAN! Go find some forest access roads :) Report back with some "fun & dirty" pictures.

But seriously... Wow nice bikes. I miss my R80GSPD so much. Sold it to get a VW camper for family time. Bought the R100GS to get me time, hope my wife will join me once a while, actually hope to get her riding a F650GS at some point

76588_10150305169075455_705935454_15639915_2227402_n.jpg

watch me and my buddies and our bad ass skills.. :bolt

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjyyo837BeA?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjyyo837BeA?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

That's what I talking about!! Awesome... One day it took me(on my own) 1 hr to go 10ft in deep mud. Glad to see you ride with friends :thumb

looks like a hot and shwetty situation.

Yup! This picture doesn't capture the "fun" I had that day. This was after I dug it out one (of about 500) time(s). I was in the middle of the Mojave (somewhere southeast of Inyokern, CA) and alone.. for hours.. with only 3 bottles of water.

:ha

When I finally got to a paved road, steam was coming out of my jacket after I put it back on, and the mirrors fogged up. It was 100-ish that day.

Good times. :)

Yup! This picture doesn't capture the "fun" I had that day. This was after I dug it out one (of about 500) time(s). I was in the middle of the Mojave (somewhere southeast of Inyokern, CA) and alone.. for hours.. with only 3 bottles of water.

:ha

When I finally got to a paved road, steam was coming out of my jacket after I put it back on, and the mirrors fogged up. It was 100-ish that day.

Good times. :)

My first day of riding, my father led me down a gravel road that soon turned to deep sand. I was on my R80. Not one of these fancy R80 G/S bikes :laugh I had 20 miles under my belt, and no previous sand experience. It was the freakiest thing, and I spent my whole time on the sand hating my father for leading me to it haha. Pavement felt like a luxury cruise after that. I wanted to lay down and kiss the asphalt once we got back to pavement.

fall-bike.jpg

Autumn in Kansas is gorgeous. I'm still out riding every day in 30-40 degree temps; this bike is very comfortable! (Picture taken with Hipstamatic app for iPhone.)

what's the brand of valve covers? They look great.

Meh.... make mine

50908226.CRW_6116.jpg

completely interchangeable ... right to left, up, or down...

On the other hand ... the "off white" I'm in love with (including the tail light housing) ... perversely in love with... the only thing that would make your scooter look better, would be if the frame color matched the tank and fenders (which is why I like "black" BMW bikes (why BMW moved toward the black-frame UJM*-look escapes me)).

p.s. The two-tone pin stripe colors are great! Niiiiice touch.

* Universal Japanese Motorcycle

Back