• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Dont forget about "judge's Choice"

Let us not forget about the Menlo Rally judges choice winner. Now with
"Frame Mount S fairing"
Something about that RS that seems familiar? HMMMM

Attachments

• 100S.JPG
    100S.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 1,349
Let us not forget about the Menlo Rally judges choice winner. Now with
"Frame Mount S fairing"
Something about that RS that seems familiar? HMMMM

It should seem familiar to you :wave And NO you can't have it back :nyah

Did you see the orignal owner at the rally this year? If he was there I must have missed him.

Whoa-Baby

re: R90S on page 3 ----- I have restored many antique vehicles over the last 30+ years and I can appreciate attention to detail and the planning required to execute a sanitary finished product. You definatly got my attention - EXCELLENT work, great planning and an exquisite machine.

Thanks for sharing.:thumb :)

1981 R100CS S/N 6188073 With 38L Heinrich

1981 R100CS S/N 6188073 With 38L Heinrich

Attachments

• 1981 R100CS - 6188073 - Red Smoke.JPG
    1981 R100CS - 6188073 - Red Smoke.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,209
Just as fun as the airhead. Cruises at 65 to 70 and gets 65 mpg. Has a 250cc, fuel injected, 4 valve single. Belt drive. Twist 'n Go! The Harley guys don't wave.

I think it would be hilarious to own one of those and wave at the HD "Legends in their own minds" crowd. They take themselves too seriously.

Regards,

Randy Kasal

Black Magic

88 R100GS, dual plug , oh,yea, the broom's for sale.....:nod

Attachments

• r100gs 001 (Custom).jpg
    r100gs 001 (Custom).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,103
"Mia"

Here is a picture of me and Mia - my '78 R100/7. She is my first BMW, bought from an enthusiast in Brooklyn about 4 years ago. She was his daily rider and continues proudly as mine...although she really enjoys a good thrashing on the weekends.

Attachments

• R100_7WEB.jpg
    R100_7WEB.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,005
Mia - from bellow

I've kept her pretty much stock - except for the "S" fairing, sport seat, Progressive fork springs (soon to have IKON rear shocks), SS braided brake cable and round valve covers. I still run her on points, but that may change down the line...
I LOVE this bike!

Attachments

• R100_7RightWEB.jpg
    R100_7RightWEB.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,005
Hearhead, U the man, I really the bike pictures in motion. Nice. One question, does your bike have a headlight?

Yep,
The bike has a headlight...turn signals and a mirror too. But I taped them up or took them off for the track day that these pictures are from -- just like HankPfister deduced.

Last edited:
Sweet bike Ricard!
Looks too like I am not the only one to have converted an R to the Mystic cockpit.
Tell me about those fork-gaitors you have- I've looked for some to fit my R but have never found any.

Veg, After seeing the photos of your R100R I realized I had to make the change. The bolt up was straight forward with only one cut required to the R100r headlight/guage bracket. I think the stock R100R looks great with the exception of the dash and the too long rear fender (it never rains in southern california anyway). The fork gaitors have been on the bike since I bought it about a year and 10,000 miles ago.

Attachments

• r100r lancaster.jpg
    r100r lancaster.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,313
Yeah that rear fender is a bit awkward...my bike is getting the cafe-treatment once I get the engine sorted, and I'm looking for something from which I can make a sleeker fender that will be a lot less obtrusive.

Back