• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Air Cooled Trio

This is an 2 year old? pic taken just as the /2 was put back on the road. will have to wait for the snow to melt for an updated picture. Thanks to J. Strickland aka woodnsteel for not converting the /2, the r90/6 parts bike I got with the /2 will soon be back on the road also.

Attachments

• 2A.JPG
    2A.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,285
Last edited:
You can only fit so many Beemers in a one-car garage ...

Here are the three roadworthies. The R75/6 is in pieces on the shelf. 4 Beemers in a one-car garage is comfortable but I could fit more in here if I had too.

Attachments

• R100RS 1982 20080217 014x.jpg
    R100RS 1982 20080217 014x.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 1,166
Here are the three roadworthies. The R75/6 is in pieces on the shelf. 4 Beemers in a one-car garage is comfortable but I could fit more in here if I had too.

:nodGreat collection! After all, some questions are hard. Do I want an RT or an RS? What should I do on days when I want to feel the wind? Red or blue? What, no "S" type?:whistle

nice assortment of rides
wish I had the hard decisions you must face some days
fairing or no fairing
rt or rs
or does it just boil down to " what color today ? " :laugh

My Brand New Bumblebee

picked this baby up just before i had to leave the country for 2 months. on a good note i only have 5 weeks till i get back. thanx todd.:german

Attachments

• bumblebee.jpg
    bumblebee.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,108
i love my airhead and it loves me

This is my 1974 R90/6 ,right now it's spread across the barn floor like A jigsaw puzzle but it will be looking sweet by spring!

Attachments

• myairhead2.JPG
    myairhead2.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,054
touring tank with toaster wrapped up? You dog! Keep it that way. Knee pads and 6 gallons for getting there; use the toaster for showing off! Good deal.

My "new" to me R100GSPD. 1991 model, 27,000ks.:dance
Been sitting for about 6 years, so I am going rite over it at the moment.
Previously an oilhead man, as well as my current F650GS.
Gotta love these Beemers.:laugh

Attachments

• IMG_0157_1_2_1.jpg
    IMG_0157_1_2_1.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 999
Low miles barn bike

What all are U doing to ur '74 Eleot. I've got my '74 900 apart, too.

My bike was in A barn for many years,I don't know how many but it has very low miles on it.It's getting new paint(black)new side covers(with 900 stickers),new handle bars,going from A 24" drag bar to A 30" euro bar.And I've changed all fluids and I have to do some work on the front wheel and you know,a list of other stuff.Spring is on it's way to Michigan and my airhead will be ready. elyotsidecar#132866:dance

10-4 I've had mine 20 years. probably 200,000 on it. I'm on my 2nd rebuild, this time over the top. Has been my alltime favorite bike. It's been a runner, rallyrat, trailbike, rode hard and put up wet. Now it's on the way to being a show bike, better than when it was new. Ride and enjoy.

Nice looking bike, bro. That thing will be waiting for you in your garage for the next year. You could always bring it up here and I'll take care of it for you.

Take care.

Tim

i know nothing at all about airheads but all these great pics makes me want to get one, but at my height (5'2", 28" inseam) i do not think i will be able to reach the ground. what would be the best way to lower an airhead? shorter shocks & custom low seat? what about the front forks, slide them up in the triple tree?

thanks
George

what would be the best way to lower an airhead? shorter shocks & custom low seat? what about the front forks, slide them up in the triple tree?

There's been a few threads; here's one:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=1630&

Changing the suspension geometry can create hidden problems. I think the best way to go is via the seat. There was a write up in the lastest Airhead Airmail about how someone modified the rails around the battery and lowered the seat a goodly amount.

Back