• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

Majority of Miles

With just over 109,000 miles I have now ridden the majority of miles on my R75/5. I enjoy riding riding her as much now (perhaps more) as I did when I first bought her. I appreciate the new motorcycles. There are times when an electric windshield, ABS and 100 extra horsepower would be nice, but there is something special about riding an Airhead down a sparsely traveled rural road. To paraphrase the old ad...My bike. I think I'll keep her.

IMG_20200919_155053 - Copy.jpg

Taken at the RS Squaired gathering in Bloomsburg last weekend. My 83 R100RS.

DSCN0440-L.jpg

Just the greatest looking bikes of all time, especially in gray.

Geographic Center of Ohio

My Buddy's 1973 R75/5. My 1972 R75/5.

PXL_20210617_153156375 Toaster Twins at Geographic Center of Ohio.jpg

The red one should be in front. :)

Last edited:
What a lovely pair. My main ride is a 1973 R75/5 with the touring tank. I think these are the best motorcycles ever made. These bikes will take you everywhere there is to go. Very Nice!

My little R65 LS is spending the summer in the basement as I'm away for work on the 640 Adventure on the right. Plus it needs a new muffler.
IMG_2416_heic-XL.jpg

Not deliberate but the 1100S is actually red. It clashes a little with the orange. I guess 4 out of 5 orange and black works ok.
IMG_3049_heic-XL.jpg

My very first Beemer

A6E85CB0-D250-4E9A-B28D-B84E811C5818.jpg
1977 R/100RS hasn’t been on the road since 1995. Working on getting it roadworthy. Started riding in 1974 and was only interested in high horsepower get around the corner fast bikes - until now.

Back