• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200 GSS Adventure

rkasal

Unavailable for comment
Open letter to BMW Motorrad: I was at the dealer's on Saturday. The GS Adventure bikes I think most everyone would agree are perhaps the best all around bike ever made. It would look good on Rodeo Drive or any other high end real estate in the world and it performs as better or better than any other off-road bike in the world.

But, there are many others out there like me who do not have a 36"+ inseam. You've sold 100,000 of these bikes. Make a factory lowered option for those with 32" or 30" inseams and you will sell a million of them. Probably in a short time. Seriously.

The GSS' second "S" above stands for "Short" version. Maybe GSL with the L for lowered. Any designation but please make one for the population at large.

Regards,

Randy Kasal

The do make a factory lowered version of the F650, called the GSL.

Yes, but I want a 1200. An 800GS would be nice, kind of bring them back to their adventure roots with the engine size. But I want a factory GS that works for the other 1/2 of the population that includes me. No, not just the good looking 1/2 :nyah but the vertically challenged 1/2.

Regards,

Randy Kasal

I watch some previews of the "Long Way Down" and they went through a couple shock absorbers... the shocks failed more than once and they were stuck, couldn't go anywhere. I'm sure they had another one with them, and all. But still...

I don't think its as good if not better as any other dirtbike. The thing is too heavy, too fat, and the final drives are known for going out.

The R1200GS Adv. is not an off road bike... Its more like an street bike, which can go off roading, but not much.

But hey, its one hell of a touring bike, nice comfy seating position, and a large tank. What is it 400 miles between stops?

I love my GSA.

It's a great touring bike. I've ridden in the dirt (dirty roads, really) but wouldn't do anything like I do on my KLX 650.

My inseam is somewhere less than 30 inches. I feel pretty secure. Don't underestimate yourself.

Back