• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What Made You Do It?

don't be afraid of old farts

:blah :blah
That is correct. I am out of the closet as one who has never "done it". I feel confident that I can admit my rally virginity to you, my Forum Family, because of the way everyone is so accepting and welcoming of people who are "different" here. Just because I don't follow the party line and go to the rally, I am confident of your love and acceptance because of the evidence of such things I see scattered all over this forum.
Maybe some day I will take the leap and "do it" but for now I am scared off by visions of waaaaaay too many people in a somewhat confined space. I have avoided Marti Gras, Times Square on New Years Eve and a host of other events for the same reason.
So for now I remain wholesome and pure.

Nothing to be afraid of here. I took my son (25 at the time) to the Top 'o Rockies in Colorado one year. He saw someone about his age and they cleved together for the whole rally. Lee looked up and said, "oh, no! There are a thousand of my "Dad", they're everywhere!"

Harlmless group but, boy, do they have the stories..............:blah

My first national was Moodus in 1994, and I was soooo excited!
We camped with the MOVermont club, and I had met a number of them at
the Green Mountain rally the previous fall.
What made me do it?
It was a natural step in my evolution after dipping my toes in the local/regional
rally scene.
It did not disappoint-- there were frozen Margaritas from the MOV gas powered
blender, and the Antigonish Touring Society was serving Midori at poolside.
I have always had such fun at the nationals that I go to great lengths to attend
each year.

Back