• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where Have You Been Lately?

nuutinen

I just bought my first BMW (R1200RT) 4 weeks ago after a long run of H-D's and Buells. I have 4600 miles on it. Last weekend I ran from Appleton, WI to Deals Gap in one day. On one tank of gas I cranked out 319 miles nonstop. That almost doubles my previous record with my Ultra Classic. I like all bikes but I LOVE my new RT.

Scott Nuutinen
2007 R120RT
2006 Suzuki RMZ250

Wow!!!

I just bought my first BMW (R1200RT) 4 weeks ago after a long run of H-D's and Buells. I have 4600 miles on it. Last weekend I ran from Appleton, WI to Deals Gap in one day. On one tank of gas I cranked out 319 miles nonstop. That almost doubles my previous record with my Ultra Classic. I like all bikes but I LOVE my new RT.

Scott Nuutinen
2007 R120RT
2006 Suzuki RMZ250
Holy crap dude thats some riding! I am hoping to get out this weekend on my new 07 RT! Nice job on the riding. Where are the pics?

Holy crap dude thats some riding! I am hoping to get out this weekend on my new 07 RT! Nice job on the riding. Where are the pics?

Haven't really spent much time on these forum thingies. I'll spend some time over the weekend learning how to post pics. Congrats on your new RT. I was checking out your site. Looks like we have very similar bikes except I went titan silver because I HATE cleaning my bike. Time spent cleaning could be spent riding. The silver color can handle a light rain and still look pretty good. Are you getting the promotional ZUMO GPS? If so the stock RT GPS mount sucks with the RT tank bag. I am already looking to replace my $135 BMW GPS mount with something else.

Scott Nuutinen
2007 R120RT
2006 Suzuki RMZ250

My tank goes yellow at 200 miles and I'm damned glad it does. I have worked on this system for years and I do best with a short stop every 100 miles or so. Every second stop is a gas/drink/pee stop. I can pile these stints one after the other all day long but if I run a full tank stint at the start of the day I am beat up for the rest of the day. Then again, I'm old.

John

Haven't really spent much time on these forum thingies. I'll spend some time over the weekend learning how to post pics. [/quote]
Okay cool. Look forward to it.

Congrats on your new RT. I was checking out your site. Looks like we have very similar bikes except I went titan silver because I HATE cleaning my bike. Time spent cleaning could be spent riding. The silver color can handle a light rain and still look pretty good.
Its funny you say that. I debated the silver for that same exact reason. The silver had the ESA and I didn't really want that and the bike was more money.

Are you getting the promotional ZUMO GPS? If so the stock RT GPS mount sucks with the RT tank bag. I am already looking to replace my $135 BMW GPS mount with something else.
Yes I am. Thanks for the tip. When you get a chance, take a picture of that for me. You can PM it to me if thats easier for you.

Its funny you say that. I debated the silver for that same exact reason. The silver had the ESA and I didn't really want that and the bike was more money.

My silver bike came with the heated grips and seats and the on board computer and that's about it. That's just the way I like it.

Yes I am. Thanks for the tip. When you get a chance, take a picture of that for me. You can PM it to me if thats easier for you.[/QUOTE]

Here is a picture of the GPS cradle and the $135 BMW mount.

Attachments

• DSCN0348.JPG
    DSCN0348.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 26
Yes I am. Thanks for the tip. When you get a chance, take a picture of that for me. You can PM it to me if thats easier for you.[/QUOTE]

Here is a picture with the tank bag mounted.

Attachments

• DSCN0350.JPG
    DSCN0350.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 25
Haven't really spent much time on these forum thingies. I'll spend some time over the weekend learning how to post pics.
Okay cool. Look forward to it.

I am looking for alternate mounting ideas but have not settled on one yet. The BMW mount is great for GPS access. It's nice and close but if you use a tank bag like I plan to do it's a bad choice of locations.

Back