Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/19/07
Yielding to popular demand, here's a jump start on this week's photo assignment:
As always, to forestall chaos, we humbly offer these simple rules:
- Photos must be shot this weekend: Fri, Sat, or Sun.
- You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
- No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
- Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
- Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo.
- Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
- And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.
This week's theme: "Shadow of a Doubt"
"Beyond a shadow of a doubt" is an English idiom, which as you know, means absolutely certain or completely unambiguous; however, this theme invites the interpretation of, "there is" or "there is not," a shadow of a doubt. This theme also offers the connotation of shadow, something dark or mysterious or less substantial than the thing itself.
What matters most, however, is how you interpret "shadow of a doubt."
Remember, shooting commences at 12:01 a.m. Friday. Ready, set. . . .