• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Airhead in Town

HAIRSMITH

I wanted to say Hi, and show off my new acquirence.
1983 R100RS
R100RS2.jpg

I have bin a lurker here for a while, Not new to BMW's First was a 1974 R90/6 and I still have a 2000 R1150GS.
Maybe now that I have a Airhead I will have more to post about.
Another Pic of the ole girl, Can to tell I am Jazzed?:clap
r100rs.jpg

Welcome!

You certainly arrived in style. You have some good neighbors in your area that post here. You probably already know them.

Well butter my butt and call me biscuit!! I think I saw that bike at lunch today.
What a small world. We could start an institute.
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and info here.

Well it looks like a new Airheads group a gittin started in Nacogdoches. One RS and one RT - both '83s.

Jeff, you need to be heading down to the barber shop.

Dang, Hairsmith, that is one sweet ride! Congratulations on the acquisition and on being jazzed and welcome to the Funhouse :thumb

Club

Nice bike! Although I don't live anywhere near Tx, I want to join the club, because any place named "Nacogdoches" must be a fun place to hang out... like Schenectady!

Enjoy.

Nice bike! Although I don't live anywhere near Tx, I want to join the club, because any place named "Nacogdoches" must be a fun place to hang out... like Schenectady!

Enjoy.

Yup, and the more beer they drink, the more fun it is to watch somebody try to say it.:drink

R100RS Aquisition

Jeff;

Welcome aboard the RS!!!

I predict the following will happen;

1. On some nice day you will be out for a ride on the RS.

2. You will become aware of the "purring" of the airhead twin.

3. A large grin will spread across your face and for just a while all will be right with the world!!

4. You will want to experience this again!!!

5. You are doomed my friend you have been "RS'd" !!! :D

dj

Rs

Welcome to the wonder of the airhead twin. To me there is no sweeter sounding motor than the airhead.
I do have 2 questions for anyone that owns an RS, 1, I am putting an RS fairing on an RT and was wondering the right way to attach the windshield and dash to the fairing. The dealer near me showed me some plastic rivets and washers. They cost 2 dollars per rivet and washer a piece. (Need 14 of each). 2nd. The paint job is complete and I want to put some pinstripes on but I'm not sure the right way. I would like to copy the pattern of the stripe on my 85 R80 RT but all the pictures of the R100RS's are different. Any suggestions?:brow

RS fairing on RT

No doubt some of the more experienced RS'ers will answer your question but here goes.

There is a special tool for installing the dashboard to the RS fairing (expensive about $80 when I bought mine). Unless you have a friend with one, buy the tool and rivets, it is a PIA to try and fabricate something which will substitute (at least for me), and you will have it next time.

I found some copper rivets at an electrical supply house (years ago) that were very similar to the rivets sold by the dealers. I may still have the box in my spares if you are interested. Anything with copper in it is going to be costly and the dealer may actually be less expensive.

Good luck with the project.

Nice bike I love the silver. How many miles on her?

Right around 86,000 miles.
I just got back tonight from going to a BMW rally and a Classic bike Rally over the weekend. After seeing all the bikes and that there were only two RS's being shown. One in each show and mine in the shape its in now would have held its own at one show. The other RS was very Nice, but still a long way from original. Not that I am going to turn it into a show queen I am even more excited about it.

The Saga Continues.

PB090009.jpg

Since acquiring the RS I have put about 10,000 miles on it. So now it is time for a little Sprucing up.

PB160040.jpg

On her last run I found an open stretch and let her run, only bike I have ever owned that will pull red line in top gear. 25 years and just under 100.000 miles she deserves this freshening up.

PB160039.jpg

More to come.

Welcome aboard - looks just like my 1981.

I saw your bike on some ad or another - I remember the drilled center panel.

Happy riding!

It's beginning to come back together.

Frame and wheels back from the powdercoater.

DSC_0001.jpg
[/IMG]

Engine back in the frame

DSC_0026.jpg
[/IMG]

At the painter

DSC_0037.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0041.jpg
[/IMG]

More to come as I get to it.

Back