• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What do you pay for license tags (plates)?

El Dookey loves to ride.
Just received my annual renewal dealio from the secretary of state. It will cost me $23 smackeroos to license the bike for a year in Michigan.
What do you all pay?
(I could pay the extra $35 to get a license honoring an institute of higher learning, but I think I will save the $$ for gas.)

I've got my renewal notice sitting on my desk in front of me. It was due at the end of February, but as it will be at least another month before I can hit the streets, I figured why let the government have my $43.49 any sooner than needed. I wish my renewal came due in about November. That way I could save about five months worth by letting it slide til nearly April. As it is, I won't get any discount for the one month gap, just the priviledge of keeping my money a little longer.

The plates are $16 in Connecticut plus $40 reg fee and $10 some other fee. So thats $50 every two years to renew but $16 if you need a new plate. I assume you wanted to know the cost of the reg and not the cost of the actual plate.

MarkF

I just paid an average of $70 over three (older) BMWs to California. Before the rollback of the vehicle license fees, I paid $260 to license my R1150RS.

MCMXCIV-RS, if you did that in California, you'd get a 15% late fee. If you waited a few months, then California would instead charge you a penalty (I think it's a year's license fees) for not registering the bike for non-operation, and then you could register it (normal fee) or non-op it ($15).

Youch

RT
County Tax $130
Wheel Tax $25
State Reg $25.75
AdminFee $0.50

Total $181.25

F650
County Tax $74
Wheel Tax $25
State Reg $25.75
AdminFee $0.50

Total $125.25

:cry :cry

I'm expecting the renewals to show up any time, as they're due in April. But, if memory serves, M/C registration is WI is $20 for TWO years.

OUCH!

$181
$125
I thought Indiana was the belly button of moderation. Whew.

I thought Indiana was the belly button of moderation. Whew

I pay nothing close to that in my home county of Wabash in Indiana. Brad's getting killed on the county taxes. I've never heard of a wheel tax, and I'm pretty sure we don't have a county tax on motorcycles. I think I only paid the state registration fee last year for my bike. They must do things a bit different up in South Bend.:dunno

Yuppie Central and taxes to match. Debating about moving out of where I am... don't get me started on property taxes. I don't have any kids why do I need to pay for public school at the same rate as my neighbor who has six?

BradfordBenn said:
Yuppie Central and taxes to match. Debating about moving out of where I am... don't get me started on property taxes. I don't have any kids why do I need to pay for public school at the same rate as my neighbor who has six?

I'm definitely from one of the more "colorful" (as in redneck) parts of the state. I live though down in the hippie central of the Midwest,Bloomington IN. I tend to go a bit left on things in the political spectrum, but sometimes stuff I hear about down here, geesh! They charge you a buck per garbage bag that you put to the curb, and you have to make sure that you have a special tag to go on each individual trash bag. Needless to say, the dumpster behind my apartment gets quite a bit of use by many non-residents :)

I just renewed my 94 R1100RS here in the Peoples Republic of Oklahoma and it was $74.00.

Hey YB,
How do you like the hilly hundred bike ride out there in the wilds of Hoosierland. If you look at the intersections, there are paint marks on the roads, a symbol with an arrow. Follow these and you can find some really great 30-100 mile loops. Usually back roads with very little traffic, and nice scenery. Just don't tell people about the cars and appliances littering the countryside :p . I have friends in Bedford and have made the trip to Bloomington for entertainment, depending on the time of year. It is a nice town a bit more tolerant than a lot in the area, being a university town.

$64.50 in Texas.

But remember, we don't have a state income tax here

In Michigan I just paid $23. for the bike tag renewal (you knew that, cliffy777). Plus another $15 for renewal of a personalized plate. I have the plate. That's just for the 'right' to continue using it.

So, $38. total for a year.

Hello; I just forked out $425 cdn. for 6 months, minimum that's legally required, for insurance and liscence. I think the liscence fee was $25

Don't matter, I'll pay it. I gotta ride.

Back