Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you pay for license tags (plates)?

What do you pay for license tags (plates)?

Just received my annual renewal dealio from the secretary of state. It will cost me $23 smackeroos to license the bike for a year in Michigan.
    What do you all pay?
    (I could pay the extra $35 to get a license honoring an institute of higher learning, but I think I will save the $$ for gas.)

Plates

Here in Pa it's $18.00 per year
    I have met the enemy, and he is us
    2011 R 1200 RT

I've got my renewal notice sitting on my desk in front of me. It was due at the end of February, but as it will be at least another month before I can hit the streets, I figured why let the government have my $43.49 any sooner than needed. I wish my renewal came due in about November. That way I could save about five months worth by letting it slide til nearly April. As it is, I won't get any discount for the one month gap, just the priviledge of keeping my money a little longer.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

The plates are $16 in Connecticut plus $40 reg fee and $10 some other fee. So thats $50 every two years to renew but $16 if you need a new plate. I assume you wanted to know the cost of the reg and not the cost of the actual plate.

MarkF

I just paid an average of $70 over three (older) BMWs to California. Before the rollback of the vehicle license fees, I paid $260 to license my R1150RS.

MCMXCIV-RS, if you did that in California, you'd get a 15% late fee. If you waited a few months, then California would instead charge you a penalty (I think it's a year's license fees) for not registering the bike for non-operation, and then you could register it (normal fee) or non-op it ($15).
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

Angry Youch

RT
    County Tax $130
    Wheel Tax $25
    State Reg $25.75
    AdminFee $0.50

Total $181.25

F650
    County Tax $74
    Wheel Tax $25
    State Reg $25.75
    AdminFee $0.50

Total $125.25

-=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    I'm expecting the renewals to show up any time, as they're due in April. But, if memory serves, M/C registration is WI is $20 for TWO years.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, WI Airmarshal
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep

OUCH!

$181
    $125
    I thought Indiana was the belly button of moderation. Whew.

I thought Indiana was the belly button of moderation. Whew
    I pay nothing close to that in my home county of Wabash in Indiana. Brad's getting killed on the county taxes. I've never heard of a wheel tax, and I'm pretty sure we don't have a county tax on motorcycles. I think I only paid the state registration fee last year for my bike. They must do things a bit different up in South Bend.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Yuppie Central and taxes to match. Debating about moving out of where I am... don't get me started on property taxes. I don't have any kids why do I need to pay for public school at the same rate as my neighbor who has six?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    Yuppie Central and taxes to match. Debating about moving out of where I am... don't get me started on property taxes. I don't have any kids why do I need to pay for public school at the same rate as my neighbor who has six?
    I'm definitely from one of the more "colorful" (as in redneck) parts of the state. I live though down in the hippie central of the Midwest,Bloomington IN. I tend to go a bit left on things in the political spectrum, but sometimes stuff I hear about down here, geesh! They charge you a buck per garbage bag that you put to the curb, and you have to make sure that you have a special tag to go on each individual trash bag. Needless to say, the dumpster behind my apartment gets quite a bit of use by many non-residents

harryt11
    I just renewed my 94 R1100RS here in the Peoples Republic of Oklahoma and it was $74.00.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Hey YB,
    How do you like the hilly hundred bike ride out there in the wilds of Hoosierland. If you look at the intersections, there are paint marks on the roads, a symbol with an arrow. Follow these and you can find some really great 30-100 mile loops. Usually back roads with very little traffic, and nice scenery. Just don't tell people about the cars and appliances littering the countryside . I have friends in Bedford and have made the trip to Bloomington for entertainment, depending on the time of year. It is a nice town a bit more tolerant than a lot in the area, being a university town.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Subzero Scooter Idiot oldcarkook's Avatar
    Experience is the comb that mother nature gives us when we are bald

Talking renewal

$14 bucks here in NY to renew.