• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post counter needs to be checked

montana

Along with Kbasa I posted on "Rally Routes" and I see the post counters aren't changing.

Maybe it needs a tune up?

(Later)

Okay, now this post counter increased by one, but the posts in "Rally Routes" are all the same count for me.

(later yet)

Oh, never mind - I see you don't track the post you track the poster. Uh, postee.

Yep.
You got it.
the latest total shows under the users name/avater. As the total goes up, so does the number on every post you've made.
Mine was 512 when I made this reply.

You need an avatar. :)

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
How does posting & refreshing work? I can post a reply, but not see it until I refresh (understandable). Where does causing a browser refresh apply; at forum root?, when in a given thread? I see just enough to confuse me (I'm an assembler level programmer, this html stuff is way over me).

CustomSarge said:
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
How does posting & refreshing work? I can post a reply, but not see it until I refresh (understandable). Where does causing a browser refresh apply; at forum root?, when in a given thread? I see just enough to confuse me (I'm an assembler level programmer, this html stuff is way over me).

The refresh affects the actual page you are looking at.

If after you post, you're sent back to the thread and you don't see your post, you should make some changes to your browser's preferences. What platform are you on?

(sheepishly he admits..) I'm a Luddite on '98SE (it's the girl I brought..). If it's a matter of refreshing at the page I'm on, I'll use that as my guide. It just seemed inconsistant. All this webware lends me to believe the next generation of system types isn't all that bad, they get it & do pretty well with it. I'm an old bit banger with an o'scope. TNX for the pointer. <<<)))

CustomSarge

Quote:"I'm an old bit banger with an o'scope"

- and a very plesent "ride" as seen on the pages of the BMW ON, if I do say so myself!

Don

Re: CustomSarge

Don Hamblin said:
Quote:"I'm an old bit banger with an o'scope"

- and a very plesent "ride" as seen on the pages of the BMW ON, if I do say so myself!

Don

welcome back, Don! :wave

Back