• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Who's had snow already??

Somethings are worth waiting for

Don't want it!
Keep it away!
Gillette can have my share

0206WoodPile001s.jpg

From last winter

Taken August 21, 2007

IMG_1654.jpg

Actually, it sort of is and sort of isn't, snow. It was a weird storm that dumped a lot of rain and small hail at the same time and when it ran down off the roof it fell as snow. So much came down in 5 minutes that the gutters were overwhelmed and it overshot them.

But then again, there were some flurries last night but the ground is still warm enough that it melted as it hit.

I suppose that I should say that I live at 634 feet in Milwaukee. :)

Hmmm. Lake Michigan is at about 580. We (central IL) are about 720, but it goes down to about 450 feet near the Mississippi. I was checking to see where to live should global warming continue.

WA higher ground

Washington Pass I20 north WA at over 4500 ft. Still easily passable but the mountains look cool capped in white.

We had a dusting last Saturday night about a 1/2 inch. It's mostly gone now except what's in the shade. Low Tuesday morning was 19F. brrrr

I got snowed on while commuting to work about a week ago. Thankfully, nothing was sticking or turning to ice. My riding season is short enough as it is without the effin' snow coming in September/October.

See...I knew as soon as BG said "anybody have snow...?" we were going to have a new ice age. It was 50 F here this am after this Monday in the 90s. I plugged in my liner and zipped up. And got out the heavier gloves.
So what's on tap for this winter's motorcycle person non riding ice age activity...?

It was 20 degrees at our house (7400') outside of Durango on Sunday morning. No snow, but certainly cold enough for it. On the other side of the coin, after starting out cold like that, it still gets up to about 70 in the afternoon with crystal-clear blue skies, making for perfect Indian Summer...

No snow in Vermont yet. Possible dusting in the 4000 foot elevations this weekend.

It snowed here in 1963... We are due another one!:usa

Heck we'll be happy with a good rain.....

Hiene Lunta on Channel 11 News in Alpena, Michigan is talking snow flurries for us tonight. The leaves have not fallen off the trees yet.

PC

Sideways snow/sleet and icy bridge decks where I am in Winnipeg. Sun came out yesterday and cleared the roads but temp never got over +1C so some snow staying in shaded areas.

Where do you guys find these ten year old threads? :)

By the way, what became of Rebecca?

I just do an advanced search on my name and "Sunshine". :)

My recollection from a number of years ago is that she went back to school. Too bad she never re-registered here.

Skinned to the summit of Mt Bachelor (18 miles from Bend, OR) two weeks ago and skied the 3000' of vertical back to the parking lot. Jumped in the car and back to Bend where it's blue skies and 60 degrees. Yeah!!

Where do you guys find these ten year old threads? :)

By the way, what became of Rebecca?

Rebecca is alive and well, married, and teaching school in the midwest. I forget now whether she is in Wisconsin still, or maybe Michigan, but somewhere in that vicinity.

Back