• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Who's had snow already??

Snow/freezing rain/ and it looks like the season is over

Sideways snow/sleet and icy bridge decks where I am in Winnipeg. Sun came out yesterday and cleared the roads but temp never got over +1C so some snow staying in shaded areas.

I usually remain optimistic that we might have a few days left of riding this time of the year but we are seeing consistent minus temps at night so the frost is going into the pavement.

On the plus side, I got my long-johns out and was going to try to get last years skid marks out of them when my favorite red ones said, "DUDE! I missed that warm, fat butt of yours! Glad you didn't burn me!"

Rebecca is alive and well, married, and teaching school in the midwest. I forget now whether she is in Wisconsin still, or maybe Michigan, but somewhere in that vicinity.

Good deal, thanks Paul. I met her at the Spokane rally during a forum meet and greet and she used to post regularly here, when I saw she started this post I wondered what became of her.

No snow, 67 degrees here at the end of October........so I just killed a mosquito :scratch
OM

We got some snow today, and cancelled our planned weekend ride to Kelowna, via the Kootenays. The forecast is looking great - for the firefighters in B.C. We'll try again, next Thursday. That'll give me a whole week to get an H4 bulb into the ST - which should be enough time. :)

First frost here, MN, earliest I can remember, Sept. 28th. Still got a lot of little tasks to finish before winter sets in. Usually can ride some into Oct. snowblower reconditioned, ready to go. It's only 35 years old. Pays to buy the best.

No snow yet but it's chilly. 46F here in southern Iowa at 12:30 PM.
Forecast calls for highs in the 50s Saturday and Sunday.

its freezing here... It dropped to nearly 78 degrees today with a low expected around a bitterly cold 67 F.

Before long we might even hit a frigid 64 in the am.

:)

I love the fresh fall weather. I like the mixed rain and snow, the fresh smell of the air, seeing my lawn get topped up before winter, having the machines inside, snug and dry, and being able to wear more of my favourite clothes.

We're Northerners, and this is our environment. :)

I'll still be able to sneak in a ride or two before putting the bike away for the winter.

Back