• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Joy Ride

<snipped>
How's that for some feedback?

Thanks for an especially cool ride report and some very nice pictures. :wave
Wow Tom - thanks for the kind words and for checking out my report!

:blush (First use of the blush smiley)

The baby woke up eventually and wasn't quite sure what to make of me. :)
204822344-M.jpg

isn't funny how a baby's expression can say way more than words could ever express?

this one's like...

"who are you and why are you looking at me that way?"

great report, rebecca. glad you stopped and smelled the roses.

or... izzat the baby's diaper that needs changing????? :ha

ian

I noticed the museum when I first visited Milwaukee a few years ago. And earlier this year they were running a Lipitor ad with Dr. Jarvik walking around in what looks like it should be the inside of the building- enough so that I wondered when I saw the ad.

Great pics and great reading R! I think that you should try to get more used to this 'just riding' thing. It's good for you. :)

Your joy ride was a joy to read and to savor.

Thanks for sharing your fun.

Voni
sMiling

Hey boxergrrlie it was a pleasure meeting you. I was wondering how you were hearing me with those plugs in . Fixed the ping problem via Matt At Motor West. Gave me some good tips. Now on to other problems. Won't start. Oh the joy. I enjoy the wrenching but I would much rather ride. Hey do you work in commercial production. I remeber being at someplace on I think Farewell one time and there was a BMW with a fuel cell on back. I asked about the bike and some guy said "some girl that works here goes on long rides with that thing." That's all I remeber but I don't think it was the same bike. I thought it was some sort of dual sport. It was a few years ago.See ya around. Enjoyed the pics.

paul

BG, great pictures and wonderful writing. I had Columbus day off and took a long ride thru the Allegheny National Forest in Northwest PA and didn't take a camera. The leaves are turning and it was a beautiful day. Your work is inspiring, maybe next time I ride I'll take a camera. Thanks for the great ride report!:wave

Nice report and Pics Rebecca :thumb That museum is quite picturesque!

One of the most memorable weekends of the summer was when Gail and I loaded the bikes with camping gear and headed Northwest with no plan. I don't think we did much more than 500 miles the whole weekend but we took a bunch of pics and enjoyed many stops to "smell the roses".

A highlight for sure :thumb

Roast corn on the side of the road. Yumm!

roastcorn.jpg

A look from the bottom of Quechee Gorge
Nice campground BTW

quechee2.jpg

Gail having a wonderful ice cream in Woodstock

icecream.jpg

Hey BG I noticed you were in Kiel. There is a great bar/burger place there at the corner of hwy c and the road that 57 turns into when it starts to head north towards Lax Chapel RD. I think it is still called 57 at that point. I can't remember the name but it is a divey looking place with some beat up Harleys in front (not all of them), but it is right on the corner at a stop sign. Great burger , not so sure if they have New Glarus there . It is basically the border of Kiel. I wish I could remember the name but it escapes me. My wife's parents have a farm up that way in St. Nazian, with a great pond. Oh yeah, I thought your bike was in the picture with me.Oh well.

paul

make up time

you're making up for the one pic in 10k. LOL. Good pictures, thanks for sharing. Those two lads are correct, "outside is for squares", that would mean that "inside is for rounds". I'd rather be square than round. LOL

I saw a bit of that building on some TV show. Spectacular doesn't begin to describe it.
It's stunning!

I enjoyed the tour.

Very nice report and some great pictures.

See. you just gotta stop now and then, time management?? Yuck! that for squares and drools...:D

My parents hail from Milwaukee and Madison and used to often talk about how they missed thier home towns and we'd visit often as we could when on home leave when I was growing up. Bet its changed some from the 50's and 60's huh?:D

Thanks for the views of your hometown. I like the winged building!

RM

Last edited:
Back