• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Santa Barbara, Ojai, Lockwood Valley, Cuddy Valley

M

Muneio

Had the day off so went for a little ride today. The weather has been great the last few days and today was no exception. Headed down Hwy 101 to Hwy 150 towards Ojai then hit Hwy 33. There's quite a few road construction stops on Hwy 33 but no big deal. Had a great ride saw some of the Zaca Fire burn on the backside of 33 dropped down to Lockwood Valley no water in crossings itÔÇÖs dry out there. Only 1 construction stop on Lockwood Valley otherwise road was great. Turned onto Cuddy Valley Rd what a beautiful road! every time I ride it I'm in awe of the scenery this road cuts through. Hooked back up to the 33 and headed home. Great Day of riding. :wow

Lake Casitas off Hwy 150
201195158-M.jpg

Hwy 33
201194935-M.jpg

Hwy 33 Zaca Fire came right up to here but didn't cross over the road.
201194665-M.jpg

View of some of the burn area
201196844-M.jpg

Lockwood Valley Rd
201196176-M.jpg

201195352-M.jpg

201195666-M.jpg

201195974-M.jpg

Cuddy Valley
201196494-M.jpg

Cerro Noroeste Rd
201193643-M.jpg

201193930-M.jpg

Some other riders out enjoying the day
201194171-M.jpg

201194420-M.jpg

obligatory bike pics :)
201193302-M.jpg

201193102-M.jpg

201192938-M.jpg

That's such a great set of roads. When I got my R1200ST in April this year, I rode that area... Here's a shot from near the end of Cerro Noroeste Rd.:

P3234048_med.jpg

That's such a great set of roads. When I got my R1200ST in April this year, I rode that area...

Hey Daryl
Yeah nice roads and great scenery. Bet it was a little greener when you were there. :) pretty dry right now. It's amazing how much that fire burnt, pretty much everything on the back side of pine mtn dropping down towards Lockwood Valley is toast.

A bunch of Advriders are going to be camping at Scheideck right on the first weekend of December. We camp about 50 yards from the bar, which is nice on a cold night. We can get a cheeseburger, a couple beers and stay warm before we head off to bed.

You're welcome to come on over and camp!

I love those roads down there.

Munejo, I'm sorry to hear about that fire. It's part of the environment, but it doesn't look good.

Dave, by all means, when you go, take CA-46 to the Creston cutoff and take CA-226. You won't be sorry. Then you can take CA-58 east, which is always great. If it hasn't rained, you might want to take Soda Lake Rd. south, but it get pretty slushy if it has had any water within a couple weeks. Otherwise, finish off 58, it's really good on the Kern county side, and catch 33 south in McKittrick. Then you can take Cerro Noroeste to Lockwood Valley.

Back