Thread: words of wisdom about high mile r11rt trans?

words of wisdom about high mile r11rt trans?

I have an r11rt with over 150k for want of a better description, it "skips sometimes on acceleration, as the miles accumulate the degree of accelerqtion decreases, only does it in 2,or3," .Bent shift fork, worn shift dog, or quit bitchin' old girs's earned the right to have foibles?
    BMWMOA, BMWRA IBA
    99r11rt 206,K miles: no final drive or clutch spline failures moved on
    96 Ural turist (too much fun)
    11 R12rt (love at first ride)

Quote Originally Posted by drrider View Post
    I have an r11rt with over 150k for want of a better description, it "skips sometimes on acceleration, as the miles accumulate the degree of accelerqtion decreases, only does it in 2,or3," .Bent shift fork, worn shift dog, or quit bitchin' old girs's earned the right to have foibles?
    Send the transmission and about $1,200 ( give or take a couple of hundred ) to Tom Cutter's Rubber Chicken Racing Garage or to Anton Largiader (call first) or find a decent used transmission.

At that mileage it will show shift fork wear, damaged engagement dogs, tired seals, and probably tired bearings. And the symptoms are showing, I'm afraid.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/