• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

East Coast Rides

cayuse60

Maine Rider
Hey All,

Next spring I am contimplating an East Port Maine to Key West Florida Run in 48 hrs on a 1991 K75...am I crazy:burnout

One of the most bullet proof bike BMW ever made except ...

for the splines. :banghead

Just make sure they are lubricated and enjoy the ride.

Post the route and the dates and I suspect more than a few of us will ride part of the way with you.

Hey, a couple of years ago I went by myself to New Zealand just to ride the countryside. Take lots of pictures.

No point setting small goals for yourself. I assume the only way is to Slab it in that time frame. I personally can't stand I-95. Good luck. Stay alert. Make sure you obey the posted speeds through VA. 15 over will cost you 1500 bucks.

One of the most bullet proof bike BMW ever made except ...

for the splines. :banghead

Just make sure they are lubricated and enjoy the ride.

Post the route and the dates and I suspect more than a few of us will ride part of the way with you.

Hey, a couple of years ago I went by myself to New Zealand just to ride the countryside. Take lots of pictures.

Hey Paul,

Drive shaft and Diff have been replaced...KYUSE is smooth as silk up to a "C" note in mph.

Christ Church (chichi), is a place I would like to return to... I,ll keep you posted on my planned adventure from Eastport to Key west..

Why is it the more I ride my K75 the more I enjoy and value it? :)

No point setting small goals for yourself. I assume the only way is to Slab it in that time frame. I personally can't stand I-95. Good luck. Stay alert. Make sure you obey the posted speeds through VA. 15 over will cost you 1500 bucks.

Thanks---I 95 north of DC to Boston really sucks but is as much a challenge as the western runs through the deserts and mountains. Timing your run is really the key. I have a son in VA. a daughter in FL and a crazy sister in Key West...what more can I ask for:thumb

And you know because...? (I hope you're not speaking from personal experience.)

Nope. Folks live in NOVA. The state admits that it is a revenue generator. You will notice throughout the state that you will generally pass everyone if you do more than 10 over.

I will join the ride in Savannah GA

I would be up for a ride to Key West. Let me know when you are comming through Savannah GA. I'll ride from their and back. I too have a crazy sister but not sure where she will be living by then.

I ride a K100

:stick

15 over = $1,500??

And you haven't yet revolted, why? The Brits are destroying speed cameras (and posting pics of the results on the Internet) for a fine that's less than 1/20 of $1,500 in USD. What happened to us?

Back